iPhone 6 Launch @ The Mall, Cribbs Causeway, Bristol UK

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by harryisere, Sep 16, 2014.

1. harryisere macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am looking for some advice on whether to queue up for the iPhone 6 (64GB, Silver).

Unfortunately, I missed Apples online pre-orders and the handset that I had ordered from Phones 4 U could not be delivered due to them going into administration. So now I am left with two choices 1). Wait 3-4 weeks and order online from Apple or 2). Go to the Apple store in the mall.

Unfortunately, I have work at 9am on Friday (I might be able to take the morning off) but I was wondering, what are the chances of me being able to pick up the 6 64GB in silver on Friday (baring in mind I have not pre-ordered). Does anyone know roughly how much stock they hold?

What time do the queues start forming and how quickly do people enter the store? Also would I need to get there as early as 4 / 5am or would 7/half 7 be ok? I have read that people normally queue up by the top John Lewis entrance.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

2. Kinger macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I'm also wondering if getting there for 5am would be ok? And is it deffo the entrance by the top of John Lewis?

3. Kinger macrumors newbie

iPhone 6 Launch @ The Mall, Cribbs Causeway, Bristol UK

4. jamets515 macrumors regular

5. MattCoopey macrumors newbie

Hey Is there any update on cribs causeway ? Im seriously wanting an iPhone 6 plus and really don't wanna wait until October !
    Any help please ? Thanks

6. MattCoopey macrumors newbie

Are you doing the updates like you have for the iPhone 5 / S because this is my first time wanting to go to retail because i don't want to wait until october for one Any help please ?

7. jamets515 macrumors regular

Sorry, unfortunately not :-/

I had hoped to be around but work called me away. Got my 6+ 64GB SG being delivered tomorrow before 10am though :D

I would recommend if you're after a Plus, get going now! The queue will probably be 10-15 long already.

If you're after a 4.7" 6, then 5am and you should still get what you want. That's the best advice I can offer, but seriously the sooner you queue the better. Take a chair and a sleeping bag, sleep through the night and the wait won't be as long in the morning. You don't want to be standing in that line waiting for hours after the doors have opened!

8. MattCoopey macrumors newbie

Damn lucky you ! ... Really ? 10 - 15 already oh man ! ... I want the 6+ in gold 64 GB Im not tired and won't go sleep if I'm honest ... No i don't your right so if I'm getting 6+ i need to move now =/ Thanks for your help tho

9. jamets515 macrumors regular

I had a quick look through the other meetup threads. There seems to be more activity at ALL stores than there was for the 5S, and the 5S queue grew pretty quickly at Cribbs. A lot of people were waiting in their warm cars and just watching the queue. A group of 10 or so scalpers joined at around 1am and then everyone started joining the line.

Apple guys did a good job last year at keeping everyone in order. The 5 launch was a f&%$#*g disaster. There was a nice orderly queue until the scalpers turned up. When the queue moved inside, there was quite literally a stampede!

Last year with the 5S though, they took groups of about 10 or so in at a time to make sure everyone kept their original place in the line.

10. MattCoopey macrumors newbie

I really don't know what to do now ! its 01:11 and it takes me around 30 mins to get to cribs causeway ! and considering there is a lot more activity and its completely pissing it down at my house i wonder what its like down there and plus i don't wanna go on my own but no one else i know it getting the new one they all got 5S lol

----------

What do you personally recommend buddy ?
    my estimate date is October i really don't wanna wait a month to get my phone lol

11. jamets515 macrumors regular

I'm a hardcore queuer. So I would be there come rain or shine if I didn't have a launch day order/reserve.

Get a camping chair, an umbrella, a sleeping bag or £10 duvet from Tesco and get in line :p That's what I would do. Best thing to do is judge for yourself. Take a trip down there and have a look at the line. If it's 50-70 people, you'll probably get what you want. If it's looking closer to 100 people, you might get the colour you want but not the size.

That's the best I can recommend. The longer the queue, the bigger the gamble :confused:

12. MattCoopey macrumors newbie

On the other forums u look at is there anything about cribs causeway u can tell me ?

13. jamets515 macrumors regular

I can't see anything anywhere :-/ other than this thread.

14. MattCoopey macrumors newbie

Ok Thanks for your help mate i do appreciate it !
    im gonna get changed and go down there now ... if its massive ill just come home and wait until october ... the phone i want is pre ordered so ill see !

15. jamets515 macrumors regular

Make sure to let us know how you get on :)

I'm off to bed now. Going to miss the queue this year. Had loads of fun last time.

16. skiwil macrumors member

I'm about 20th in the queue and I got here at midnight. Apple guys have been around several times saying that we better have 1 different models in mind as they have a very limited supply.

There are about 100in the line so far.

17. skiwil macrumors member

Apple staff have started the reservation system. Managed to bag a 128gb silver 6 plus.

The staff are now at the 25th person here and have just announced there are no 16gb iphone 6 plus left in stock.

Short short supply people.

18. Kinger macrumors newbie

I was 30th in the queue and managed to get exactly what I wanted, 2x 6+ 64GB in grey :)
    They ran out of 6+ iPhones on the 34th person!!

19. skiwil macrumors member

got there at 12.30 got out the apple store at 8.20 Nice shiny 128GB silver 6plus in my hand.:) Now got a full day in work.:(