iPhone 6 Launch--Willowbrook Mall: Wayne, NJ

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by canopyy, Sep 15, 2014.

1. canopyy macrumors newbie

Hi there! I'm probably going to be one of the purportedly many people who are going to be waiting in line.

I was just wondering if any of you had any experience in this sort of thing? What time are you getting in line? Do you think it's necessary to get there the day before? I noticed that a lot of people on other threads have said that's what they're doing.

However, since there wasn't a thread for this mall, I was wondering if maybe that means there's less of a population that's going there?

I know that my mom said that when she got the iPhone 4 that she went in at 9PM at night and still managed to get one. However, that was a long time ago and I think the craziness has gotten bigger.

So, what time are you guys going to be there?

2. Preciousroci26 macrumors newbie

Iphone 6 launch-Willowbrook Mall, NJ

I too am interested in this information. I wonder at what time will people start lining up and if its best to go to Willowbrook Mall in Wayne or Garden State Plaza in Paramus. Anyone with experience having waited online before please advise:) Thank You!

3. canopyy thread starter macrumors newbie

I would assume that it would be better to go to Willowbrook. Garden State Plaza has a much bigger audience, I feel. Their parking is also way crazier!

Just my two cents though, from having worked at Nordstrom at Garden State. I've never actually been to an iPhone event as I previously said so, as far as that goes, I'm not sure.

However, it would make sense to me that if there's no parking at Garden State on the weekends whereas at Willowbrook there is, then there would probably be less of a crowd for the iPhone event at Willowbrook than at Garden State.

4. TristanNYC macrumors newbie

Hey I can go to either. Wanna camp together? What time you guys going and which one? I am not good at the whole mall line waiting thing always done 5th ave.

5. canopyy thread starter macrumors newbie

Personally, I'm going to Willowbrook. I'm still not sure what time. I wonder if there are going to be a lot of people there considering there's like no one posting in this thread.

6. TristanNYC macrumors newbie

How can we exchange info. We can hold a spot for one another depending on when the other goes. I was thinking perhaps 2am?

7. canopyy thread starter macrumors newbie

I was thinking 12/1am

From what I've read in other threads, the consensus seems to be that people normally arrive at 12/1 and that by 3am it's pretty filled with people.

However, I'm not sure how that applies since it doesn't seem like a lot of people are replying to this thread.

I'll be wearing a pink Cape May sweatshirt and black yoga pants! I have brown hair... Since this is the huge wide internet I don't really feel comfortable giving you my information--no offense!

8. TristanNYC macrumors newbie

None taken. I am still not sure which I am going to GSP or Wayne
    I will be the guy in blue sweat pants and a white sweatshirt.

9. canopyy thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I guess if I see you I see you. Good luck either way!

10. TristanNYC macrumors newbie

Willow brook is forcing people to go away until 630. Can't line up. Lots of people just sitting in parking lots.

11. canopyy thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep that's what they told me as well. He told me 5:30 tho. I'm sitting in Walmarts parking lot until 4 and then I'm coming back.

I think it's really silly that they would work it that way. Instead of letting people trickle in whenever they choose, they are going to force people to all try to get in at once.

It's likely because they don't want to have to pay to have more security guards on duty, but I still think it's going to create a problem.

12. TristanNYC macrumors newbie

I agree it is going to be a problem. I am sitting with about 15 Asian resellers right now. We are in a parking lot if you drive away from Cheesecake Factory. Seems it is off premise. Come hang out :)

13. canopyy thread starter macrumors newbie

I think I saw you guys. Are you at jcpenneys furniture store?

14. TristanNYC macrumors newbie

Macy furniture gallery. Across from Macy's.

15. canopyy thread starter macrumors newbie

16. TristanNYC macrumors newbie

Thank god. You speak English lol

17. canopyy thread starter macrumors newbie

18. canopyy thread starter macrumors newbie

Dear lord. Will they just let us in already!? How's the front if the line? I'm waiting back here so see who gets the better spot even though I'm sure it'll be you.