iPhone 6 - Memorial City Mall - Houston, TX

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Eii, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Eii macrumors newbie

Anyone camping out? I will be here +1 around 9PM Thursday. I've called the malls guest services and lines will start outside between Target and Macy's. Doors open at 5:30am. I'll update this post with approx people in line at certain times through out the night for those that are wanting to come join the party.

Looking to get Silver 128GB 6+ and a Gold 64GB 6+.

2. akaCT macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info and look forward to any updates. I will probably join around 4:30-5am.

3. Big Dookie macrumors member

I'm going to be heading there sometime tonight, not sure exactly what time though. Probably once the kids are in bed. I saw on the news that several people were already lined up at the Highland Village store. I'm hoping Memorial City won't be as bad, but I guess we'll see. I was hoping to go to the First Colony store down in Sugarland since that's closer to where I live, but they won't be opening early apparently and I've gotta get this done before work.

So, we'll see how it goes! This is my first time camping out in line overnight, for an iPhone or anything else, so it should be interesting. Hoping the rain holds off for most of the night. I'm only planning on bringing a chair and umbrella and maybe a pillow, so hopefully that'll get me through.

For the record, if I see any of you guys there, I'll hold your place in line to go to the bathroom if you'll do the same for me.

4. Eii thread starter macrumors newbie

First time for me and just saw the news on highland village also. I'll report once I get there on the status of the line.

5. Inf4life macrumors regular

Inf4life

Define "early". I talked to them on Monday and they said the mall is opening at 6am for them and the store is opening at 8am. No one is opening before 8am so I don't know how much earlier you want them open.

6. Eii thread starter macrumors newbie

Just called guest services. It appears that they are letting us camp inside the mall. About 20 people are currently there according to guest services.

7. Big Dookie macrumors member

Oh wow, that's awesome! So we won't have to sit out in the rain. That's very cool of them.

Hopefully I'll be there around 10:00 PM or so tonight.

8. Big Dookie macrumors member

Oh, I was just going by the stores webpage, which didn't list the early hours for Friday. Maybe I'll try Memorial City first, and if the line seems too long already I'll head down First Colony and see how it is there.

9. Eii thread starter macrumors newbie

I am currently in line and just spoke to an apple employee who is walking the line answering questions. What you need to know:

About 20 in line currently.
    Lines will be indoors. No need to be weather proof.

10. Big Dookie macrumors member

Maybe a dumb question, but any way they can tell us what kind of inventory to expect in the morning? Specifically for the 6+ model?

I'm just wondering if I need to head up there sooner rather than later.

11. Eii thread starter macrumors newbie

Employee I ask said he didn't know. Also asked him about probability of me getting one where I am currently in line. And his response was "have to remember there are 3 different carriers, 3 different colors and 3 different sizes" ... sounds like he is hinting that I'll have a good chance to get what I want.

12. Big Dookie macrumors member

Hmm, or you could interpret it as the limited supply will be split between all those different models, so the chance of you getting exactly what you want is pretty slim. Are you a half-empty or half-full person? :)

In any case, best of luck. Hopefully I'll see everyone later. If the line starts stacking up quickly, let us know so we can head up there!

13. Eii thread starter macrumors newbie

UPDATE!!! Turns out we will be taken outside when the mall closes. So do come weather proof!

14. Eii thread starter macrumors newbie

+8 people are behind me now.

----------

+7 more

15. Inf4life macrumors regular

Inf4life

Yeah I didn't think they were going to let you camp in the mall after it closed. Way too much liability to assume on their part.

I will be going to First Colony around 630ish. Preordered for pickup so in no real rush.

16. Eii thread starter macrumors newbie

Lucky you. I pre-ordered thru att 7 mins after it started and still got the 3 week delivery window.

17. Big Dookie macrumors member

So up to, what, 30 people now?

Grr... I may have to head up there soon.

18. Eii thread starter macrumors newbie

19. Bighamm110 macrumors newbie

Hey has anyone heard anything about the woodlands mall yet?

20. Eii thread starter macrumors newbie

About 60 in line now. Security should be moving us outside soon.

21. akaCT macrumors newbie

Sounds like this launch is much more anticipated than last year.

I'll see you guys in the morning!

22. Eii thread starter macrumors newbie

Got me a plus!

----------

0 T-Mobile phones. Plenty of plus on att and Verizon.

23. AppleKing786 macrumors member

AppleKing786