iPhone 6 New Orleans, LA (Lakeside Mall)

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Dylobs, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Dylobs macrumors newbie

Hey all! Who's meeting up at the Lakeside Mall here in the LA area to get to the Apple Store for the iPhone 6 and 6+ launch?!

I wasn't able to get a preorder in, so I'll have to wait in line and hope that they have stock available! *crossing fingers!*

If I recall on a past post from a few years ago, people were lined up at the food court entrance to the mall to get in.

Does anyone know if this will be the case this year? Or, does this follow properly with past Apple launches?

2. cho26504 macrumors newbie

I am in new orleans and i am probably going to there also , what time are you going?

3. Dylobs thread starter macrumors newbie

I plan to get there early Friday Morning methinks.

The issue I think is where they are going to allow people to line up outside of the mall before the mall actually opens.

That has always been a bit of of sticky situation in the past. I've heard mall security will shoo people away if you're not in the right area.

Not sure if anyone can shed some light on this.

Today, the information desk at the mall wasn't sure where they were going to let people line up. I honestly don't think that they were aware of the launch.

4. Dylobs thread starter macrumors newbie

Update, mall security is definitely being uptight about the launch.

They were threatening to kick people off of the malls "private property" if they lined up before 5am Friday morning...

I have trouble believing this since lines have formed way before then for launches.

5. Dylobs thread starter macrumors newbie

Another update:

The mall is having people line up between Pottery Barn and Resoration Hardware since the typical launch entrance by the Cheesecake Factory is under construction/renovation.

The mall office said that they don't want anyone lining up near the entrance until 5am. They will let the line inside the mall at 6am, and then the Apple Store will open at 8am.

Hope to see you all there.

6. PPFee macrumors 6502

PPFee

Anyone out there already? What is the scene like? Lots of people, no people?

7. Dylobs thread starter macrumors newbie

There line has been let into the mall and the line is pretty lengthy already.

It stretches from the Apple Store to the Starbucks Kiosk at the moment. There's probably a good couple hundred people in line already.

8. PPFee macrumors 6502

PPFee

Sold out of 6 plus yet?