iPhone 6 Observation: Jealous 4S Owners?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Raftysworld, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Raftysworld macrumors 6502

Just a quick observation: Anyone notice how all the complains about the iPhone 6 are from people who own a 4S? Interesting that they conveniently bought a rehash design of the iPhone 4, but then complain about the 6th Generation iPhone. Sounds like they might be a little jealous that they won't be able to upgrade until the 6S.

What do you guys think?

2. lazard macrumors 65816

It is a rehash design. They should just call it the iPhone 4SL. (Not a 4S owner)

3. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I buy all phones outright, point is moot about the design choices of this one. Hoping that they do bring back that teardrop design with a larger (not taller) display to make it so it would be much easier to type on.

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

What iPhone 6? I've only seen speculation and rumors about iPhone 5

5. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

I own a 4S and intend to buy my iPhone 5 outright.

6. batting1000 macrumors 604

Agreed. I'm not complaining, I really like the leaked designs.

----------

The GS2 was a rehash design of the GS2 and the S3 was the same to the S2.

7. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Nothing is stopping me from reconstracting my 4s, I just need to pay the difference.

I bought the 4s because it was my first smartphone at the time, so why not go with 4s over 4? I certainly have not lost out on anything.

8. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

I have a 4S and love the new design. I'll be getting a 64gb one on release :)

9. Djs621 macrumors regular

What makes you think that apple won't give 4s owners an early upgrade? I've had one every year since the first iPhone.

10. metaljay macrumors member

Ive owned every iphone thats been out, only people who cant afford them would post this :p

11. Djs621 macrumors regular

It's tough not to be able to afford it especially when you sell your previous model to fund the new one

12. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

damn those rehashes that contain a new CPU, new GPU, and a better camera....damn them all to hell.

anyone notice people who didn't upgrade to the 4S try to justify it :)

13. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

Apple isn't the one who "gives" you an early upgrade. It is your carrier. Sprint stopped doing yearly upgrades for it's Premier customers last year. AT&T used to give yearly iPhone upgrades to "line 1" for family plans over $100 (without data charges)... they stopped that last year. Dunno about Verizon, but I think their upgrade program changed a while back too.

I do know that AT&T will let you "early upgrade" to an iPhone... 6 months into any contract. You have to pay New customer pricing + $250 early upgrade fee + 36 activation fee.

Dial *639# from your AT&T phone to receive a text with your upgrade eligibility status.

14. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

I don't think jealousy has anything to do with it. A lot of people on here simply get every iPhone as they come out. We are all entitled to our opinions. I happen to not like the new design very much, but I am more of a features/specs kind of guy so I am willing to give this thing a chance once I see what I can do. I think a lot of people on here feel the same way. Some of us just simply hate it and that's fine. Some love it, that's cool too.

15. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

What do I think? I think this is a weak attempt to get people to use the name iPhone 6. The new phone may be called a lot of things, but one thing it won't be called is the iPhone 6. Give it up, sheesh.

16. Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe

Hahhahahahaha... Yeah sure!, I'm jealous

17. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

i got the 4s on launch.....im eligible for an early iphone upgrade but says my full upgrade isnt available till may 7 2013......Hopefully it gets pushed up ive been eligible for a full upgrade every year.

18. AnotherBrian macrumors regular

I get a upgrade every year, I have a family plan and they don't care about the iPhone they just use cheap phones so I use their upgrade. Works great for me.
    It doesn't matter if they only have the $10.00 a month line you upgrade to what you want and switch it to your line. Then the next year your line is ready for a upgrade. But previously AT&T let me upgrade every year anyway so I didn't even have to do that till last year.

19. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

I criticize the design because I don't like the longer screen nor the two tone back. I want a larger screen in the same aspect ratio. That said, I'll still be buying a 5S next year. I'm not one to upgrade every year. I bought the 4S knowing full well I'd be a year behind on new designs, not a big deal to me. It just happened to be timed that way when I wanted to try out the iphone.

20. profets macrumors 68040

Same here.

I can somewhat understand people wanting something more exciting, maybe like the rumors we had in 2011, but we need to be realistic.

-Apple products generally do not undergo drastic changes in design
    -From the documents we have seen during the trial, the iPhone 4 'sandwich' design was something they were working on for a while and are probably happy with
    -Apple puts a lot of time into research and design and won't do something unless they're convinced by it.

Heck - at first I really thought the multipanel rear was kind of weird, but when looking into it and realizing it's a unibody shell with 'windows' for the antennas I'm generally excited.

21. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

I agree with your criticisms 100%. Also, I wouldn't mind the screen being larger than 4". Had a GS2 for work for 6 months before switching it to a 4S (meaning I have two since my personal phone is also a 4S)

I switch between my girlfriends upgrade and my own... I used my upgrade for the iPhone 4, so I am out of contract. I got the 4S on launch day with her upgrade...

Thus, I can upgrade on Sep 21... AND... I still do not like the new design, as of right now. I am sure the actual phone (even if it is this design) will be a little more polished, and it will be good to see it in person, even though it is easy to imagine my phone 0.5" taller (which still seems like a terrible idea).

22. CallOfDuty macrumors 6502

Those people are NOT jealous 4S owners.
    As a 4 owner who wishes to have the 4S IF I COULD when the 4S came out, you can't label me as a jealous iPhone 4 owner!
    Some of us really feel that the next update is really too minor for us to spend our $ on, hence the criticism. Although some of the criticism is really too uncalled for....
    It is not necessary for you to get a new phone or in this case, a new iPhone every year. Yes, when the new one comes out, it is very hard NOT to get jealous of those who are getting it, but software updates pretty much make up for everything. You might miss out on some major features on the new iPhone, but at least you tasted and savoured the 'new' one when you bought it last year.
    I don't think iPhones are a necessity, such that you definitely have to change it every year for the new one. Unless you are a die-hard apple fan or a extremely rich person, I think changing once every 2 or even 3 years is fine.

23. 725032 Guest

wow... how old are you?

this is very immature.

many 4S owners can easily afford to buy a contract free unit... nothing is stopping anyone from upgrading.

why would you even post this?!

24. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

I'm still using an iPhone 4 and I'm not jealous. From all the leaks and rumors that have come about I'm not impressed. The iPhone platform and more specifically iOS fills a specific niche in the market. Usability to the common consumer. I want more than just usability, though. I'm not afraid of getting my arms covered in elbow grease when it comes to modifying software.

25. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

I do not need it, but I usually want it. Since I do not have to buy it outright, and I will be able to sell my old 16 GB iPhone 4 Unlocked on eBay. So, I will get a significant amount of money back that I spent on the new phone.

My GF doesn't care cuz she gets a newer phone for free. So I get to use her upgrade. She is always a year behind, but she doesn't care about having the new one. It works out nicely.

A factory unlocked iPhone 3G in good shape can still fetch around $100 on eBay.