iPhone 6 on Apple website!

daraj

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
from apple website. I tried IE browser and got the same 6 number. I though maybe chrome was messing up characters.

TheAppleFairy

macrumors 68030
Mar 28, 2013
The Clinton Archipelago unfortunately
The root of the url is buyiphone.apple.com. Apple's website to buy iPhones has the root url store.apple.com.
It's clear you don't know much about how domains work.

That is part of the apple.com domain. You can make subdomains with any prefix you want before the apple.com.

If this is a joke, just know that the URL in the address bar is an apple domain. I can't tell you if the webpage below that came from that URL though.

Dalton63841

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2010
SEMO, USA
It's clear you don't know much about how domains work.

That is part of the apple.com domain. You can make subdomains with any prefix you want before the apple.com.

If this is a joke, just know that the URL in the address bar is an apple domain. I can't tell you if the webpage below that came from that URL though.
My point was, that APPLE does not use the "buyiphone" prefix in their url. A quick trip to Apple.com and then navigating to the store page for iPhone's shows you that.

EDIT: Okay I checked out the site and it redirects back to store.apple.com. In any case the image in the OP doesn't come up, even after enabling cookies.

Last edited:

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
First of all, I hope people aren't stupid enough to think simply entering a URL will always give the same exact result at every computer. Second of all, I hope people aren't stupid enough to believe this.

There are only two logical answers to this: someone faked it (either the entire picture, or parts of it), or someone at Apple simply entered the wrong digit.

sick z33

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2008
^^I agree. I only did it for **** and giggles, but more than sure its fake. Not the first time something like this has been produced.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Whether real or not, it tells us absolutely nothing about the phone, other than, what we have already come to assume, it will look like the iPhone 5. No specs, no features, means no excitement (from me anyway).

hovscorpion12

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2011
USA
This is 100% Fake. The latest smartphone from Apple is the iPhone 5, followed by the iPhone 4S and iPhone 4. Apple's next smartphone to release in 2013 will be announced in the Fall of 2013. (around Sept/Oct). It is widely expected from rumors that Apple's next smartphone will be named iPhone 5S. iPhone 6 expected in 2014.

daraj

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
guys.. Jeeeezzz its apple site. goto check upgrade eligibility and that pop up windows appears.

Im sure its a fluke on their servers and now they fixed it probably. I will check again now.

spyguy10709

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2010
One Infinite Loop, Cupertino CA
Just checked again
This is from the "check upgrade availability" screen. I've tried it on my sprint, AT&T, and my buddy's verizon accounts - on both IE and Chrome on Mac and PC. I'm not getting the "iPhone 6". Also, look at the pixels around the 6. Looks like a Photoshop to me. Time for this thread to head on over to the trashcan, where it belongs.

Ryno76

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2011
maybe it all depends on what carrier you use.....i just tried it and 5 came up. i'm with at&t....

daraj

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
I tried with Chrome and IE number 6 came up. Firefox showed 5. Could be fonts issue. My bad.. I know 6 is not out yet I was just surprised to see 6 on Apples site.
Thats all. relax.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
from apple website. I tried IE browser and got the same 6 number. I though maybe chrome was messing up characters.
That's clearly not Apple's website, try harder next time... Unless you were serious, in which case, try to learn how to read a URL.