iPhone 6 - Park City Center (Lancaster, PA)

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by campingsk8er, Sep 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. campingsk8er macrumors 6502

So I know they haven't announced it yet but I was wondering if anybody was interested in meeting up at the Park City Mall for the iPhone 6 launch.

2. njn007 macrumors regular

njn007

Come to King of Prussia instead :p

In all seriousness, I've heard that Park City has been better in terms of crowds as opposed to KoP over the years. I hope a few people decided to meet up at both of our locations :)

3. Hinezy macrumors newbie

Anyone been to previous launches at Park City? I'm trying to figure out my best option for getting a plus model on launch day!

4. campingsk8er thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, I've actually been to Park City for multiple launches.. As I recall in the past, as long as you get there by 8PM on Thursday night you should be good. I know that's a long time to wait, but it's the price to pay to get what you want.

5. nobody08 macrumors regular

nobody08

8pm Thusdays I think might be a little of an over exaggeration. I have been their for launches in the past and usually arrive around 2-3 AM on Friday. For the iphone 5s maybe about 10-15 people where there, and a few years ago for the 4 and one of the ipad releases i think the 4th gen it was about the same. Now that said by 5-6 AM you will find the line begins to grow anywhere between to 40-60 people. They will open the doors to the mall at 7AM and the line will strat to form from the Apple Store and by 8AM when the Doors open it is nearly streched all the back out of the mall. Long story short there isnt really a need to be thier over night but you will want to make sure you arrive there sometime in the early AM if you are tring to be in the first 100 people or so.

6. campingsk8er thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't know, like I said I was at the 5S launch as well, but I think 8PM isn't pushing it.

7. nobody08 macrumors regular

nobody08

I was their for the 5s as well like I said I got there before 3am and there was only around 5-10 people there. That's still a 4-5 hour wait not 12-16. I'd rather sleep in my bed then sit in a chair or on the ground overnight. To each his own thought. I'll be there at 3 again Friday and I have no worry about not getting anything.

8. Hinezy macrumors newbie

My biggest worry is the limited number of iPhone 6 Plus units. It'd suck to stand in line for nothing!

9. campingsk8er thread starter macrumors 6502

I have no idea what you are talking about, by 3AM there were about 30 people.... I think. Granted I was under cover and by the door so I never really looked out there, except when the news crew was there.

10. nobody08 macrumors regular

nobody08

You may be right. I know I was sitting right outside the covering thought. It was hard to judge how any people there where. But I do remember doing a head count of people in front of me once we got inside and me and my friend were #17 and 18. If your tring to be first in line then congratulations you probably will be. I just want the phone getting their at 2 even 3AM I have no doubt I will get one.

----------

Anyways...
    So does anyone play Hearthstone? It would be nice to kill some time and play some games while we wait.

11. campingsk8er thread starter macrumors 6502

Well I hope to see you there on the 19th then, I was the guy that was first in line last year for the launch haha. I'm gonna be pissed again this year if I wait as long as I did last year and don't get the one I want... I say that because that is what happened to me last year.

12. nobody08 macrumors regular

nobody08

13. Hinezy macrumors newbie

Since you've been through this a few times, I have a few questions. What entrance or area of the mall should I go to for the line? Are there any limits to what time they'll let you in the mall parking lot? How does going to the bathroom work?
    Thanks!

14. campingsk8er thread starter macrumors 6502

From all the launches I've been to, we line up at Bonton since its the nearest entrance (word for the wise though, last iPad launch, thats where we waited and when they opened the mall, there was already a guy in line who claimed he had been there the entire time, but whatevs). Um, I don't think they ever really close the lots so come whenever you want to really, only thing though is that they have a street cleaner come at like 3AM and its obnoxious as hell, so maybe bring ear plugs. Finally going to the bathroom. This changes from year to year. I've had a time where they wouldn't let us use the bathroom at all, I've had a time where they kept that outside entrance for the bathroom open all night, and finally, I've had a time where they come like every 3 or so hours to see if anybody has to go. You find that most of all these things aren't really Apple, its whatever Mall Security decides to do.

15. gjm87 macrumors regular

I have reserved a 128GB iPhone 6+ and picking it up at the store on Friday morning. I just called them and the mall is letting people line up starting at 5am and there will two lines one for pickup and the other for walk in sales. I plan on getting there at 9am or so to try and avoid all the pick up people at 8am.

16. tgrwpa macrumors newbie

Which entrance to Bonton is used as their is 3? I spoke to an Apple employee at the mall and they told me the mall will not allow anyone to line up until 5:30. Is this actually true?

17. campingsk8er thread starter macrumors 6502

That could be the time they allow people to line up inside. But there will always be campers. And the entrance that is somewhat by the Apple Store.

18. nobody08 macrumors regular

nobody08

If I remember right the mall security has never stopped anyone from sitting out over nignt or from early in the AM. They will open the doors to the mall at 7 and the line will form at the Apple store

19. tuffigirl macrumors newbie

Haha I've watched your interview on YouTube a few times. Just curious... what phone was it you wanted and what did you end up with?

20. campingsk8er thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm on YouTube!? And I wanted the 32GB 5S Gold and I got the Space Grey. I did end up getting the Gold after a month and a half and a couple of trade ins haha. Will I see you tomorrow?

21. tuffigirl macrumors newbie

I'll see if I can find the link.... and yep I'll be there tomorrow praying I get the one I want! I'm like you... I ended up the the space grey last year but traded it a couple weeks later. I'll be there for sure... I know what you look like so I'll make sure I say hi. :)

----------

I'm sorry the video was for the iPhone 5 release... I can't seem to find one for the 5s for Park City. Weird.

22. campingsk8er thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay, so here's the deal, there's already a line...

23. Prolif1k macrumors 6502

What, one or two people?

24. campingsk8er thread starter macrumors 6502

Haha well it's just me right now hahahahaha. Somebody else come and keep me company

25. Hinezy macrumors newbie

What!? I'm having my doubts of where to go! How many people are lined up?

----------

Ha, ha!

----------

How much do I have to pay you to keep a maniquin there and let me swap positions tomorrow night! Ha, ha!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.