iPhone 6 photo reflection

hrv888

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 17, 2009

Anybody's iPhone 6 have these kind of reflections when taking photos?

hrv888

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 17, 2009
It's normal and not a defect? I guess I never bothered taking night photos with the 5 to notice this. Is there anyway to eliminate this? Thanks for your reply.

ToddH

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx
It's normal and not a defect? I guess I never bothered taking night photos with the 5 to notice this. Is there anyway to eliminate this? Thanks for your reply.
Yes it is normal. When the optics of a camera are not multi coated, they will have internal reflections like that from bright pinpoints of light or the sun. The reflections can be removed in processing with certain apps like Photoshop, you would simply clone them out. The only way to eliminate it is to not point the camera at bright lights which is nearly impossible these days...

hrv888

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 17, 2009
Yes it is normal. When the optics of a camera are not multi coated, they will have internal reflections like that from bright pinpoints of light or the sun. The reflections can be removed in processing with certain apps like Photoshop, you would simply clone them out. The only way to eliminate it is to not point the camera at bright lights which is nearly impossible these days...

Thank you for explaining this. Have a good one!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.