Iphone 6 Plus Bricked

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrmarts, Oct 4, 2014.

1. mrmarts macrumors 65816

Hey Guys

This morning i synced my iPhone 6 Plus to iTunes via USB. I only copied one video to my VLC app via iTunes, and it worked fine for about 1 hour or so (with about 98% charge). After lunch when I went to wake my iPhone from sleep it did not turn on. I tried to hard reset but nothing happened. i tried connecting it via USB to my iMac and it is not being recognised by itunes, nor is it charging on a wall outlet.

Can anyone give me a hint where the problem is or if they experience a similar problem, and if Apple will give me a new iPhone 6 Plus seeing its like only 2 weeks old and on a extended Apple care warranty .

2. fotomarc macrumors regular

fotomarc

3. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

4. mrmarts thread starter macrumors 65816

I mean holding down on the power button and touch id button together.

5. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

You are leaving some things out. What happened between the sync and when you reached for your phone to wake it up? Was it dropped? Did it get wet? Was it exposed to large amounts of static electricity? Anything you can think of that might have happened.

There of course is the real possibility that it has had a catastrophic failure so if you can't get it to "come alive", call Apple or simply make your appointment at your Apple store as soon as you can.

6. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/?enid=1034

do this exactly. if it doesn't work, you're boned. Apple will replace it though, don't worry.

7. SundayDuffer macrumors 6502

SundayDuffer

Phone could be completely out of juice...just plug it in the wall for half hour or so to see if it will have juice.