iPhone 6 Plus charger question

antonis

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 10, 2011
Hey all,

I would like to ask if anyone knows this: Can the iPhone 6 Plus be charged with one of the chargers below ?

1. iPhone 5S charger
2. iPad Air charger

I got the device from abroad, but the charger is not compatible. I'd like to know if I could use one of the above. The 5S charger seems to have the exact same specs but I'd like a second opinion, if anyone tried this. I've also read in some thread here that iPad air charger is possible and that actually charges the iPhone faster. But the specs are not the same so not sure.

Thank you.

mikemj23

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2010
Hey all,

I would like to ask if anyone knows this: Can the iPhone 6 Plus be charged with one of the chargers below ?

1. iPhone 5S charger
2. iPad Air charger

I got the device from abroad, but the charger is not compatible. I'd like to know if I could use one of the above. The 5S charger seems to have the exact same specs but I'd like a second opinion, if anyone tried this. I've also read in some thread here that iPad air charger is possible and that actually charges the iPhone faster. But the specs are not the same so not sure.

Thank you.
Yes.

Azzin

macrumors 601
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
Hey all,

1. iPhone 5S charger
2. iPad Air charger

Thank you.
Both will work, but the iPad charger will charge it faster.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.