iPhone 6 Plus - Dead Pixels

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Chick21, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Chick21 macrumors newbie

Managed to get hold of an iPhone 6 Plus 128Gb Space Grey yesterday in store. My online pre order is still saying 3-4 weeks!

I brought it home, set it up and found two dead pixels, one that shows on white and one that lets the colour out on black.

I'm thinking of taking it back today for replacement which should be fairly straight forward right? Will I need a Genius appointment?

Do you think they will have white box stock to replace? And would I need to go back to the same store?

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

If you go through the genius, they will replace with the white box unit (phone only). But it should be new as it's too early for the refurbs to be out yet.

However, keep in mind that if you do go with the replacement unit, you cannot return the phone if you are within the 14 days since the serial number does not match. So if you decide to return the phone, you are SOL. But I heard in some cases that Apple store will accept the return but not always the case.

I was going to get my launch day 6 Plus replaced through the genius but the guy told me that if I did that I cannot return the phone. So I decided not to and decided to wait and luckily the apple store in my area had some 6 Plus in stock the following week so I went ahead and did the return/exchange route instead.

3. Dlanod macrumors 6502a

I never accept a white box within the 14 day return. If they won't provide a boxed new one I just return it.