iPhone 6 Plus Dropped - Glass Separated from Aluminum...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dsa420, Oct 6, 2014.

1. dsa420 macrumors 6502

dropped my 6 plus on the floor earlier and the glass separated from the aluminum casing on one side. i simply snapped it back together and the phone is no worse for wear.

has this ever happened to anyone, should i look out for any long term implications?

2. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

He snapped it back in. No pics.

3. dsa420 thread starter macrumors 6502

No pics as I was scared ******** and snapped it back together instantly. There is seemingly no damage, just wonder if I should try and exchange while I am still in 14 day window.

4. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

5. TRC-WA macrumors regular

6. dsa420 thread starter macrumors 6502

I was surprised it separated and just snapped back so easily. At least it didn't bend (yet).

7. doboy macrumors 68000

The screen separating probably saved your screen from breaking.

8. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

Geez... Do you guys ever use a case on your phone? I get tired of reading these posts of people dropping their new 6 & 6 plus iPhones and breaking them. When will you people learn to use a case? They have that new Tech 21 case that is thin but protective that I thoink you can live with... Are you not using a case because you want to show others that you've upgraded to the 6/6 plus? If so, no one really cares. Protect your investment and use a case....

9. Caesars macrumors regular

Happened on my 5s, no issues happened after the fact.

10. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Or get a case like this. Protects the phone yet shows the apple logo so the best of both worlds :)

[​IMG]

11. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

Is this like the 5C? There were reports of the screen "popping" out here.

12. LostMyiPhone macrumors 6502

This happened to an iPhone 5 that I had. It had been dropped and just scuffed very slightly. I got out of bed and it fell to the wood floor and the entire left side of the screen popped out of the body. I popped it back in and continued to use that same handset with zero issues for a long time (in smartphone time) before exchanging it for an unrelated issue.

I know it's a different model and different body, but figured I'd share my experience anyway.

13. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

If a case is required for the phone then it should be included with the phone :rolleyes:

14. TRC-WA macrumors regular

C'mon man... Why should I protect my investment? It's all about showing off my phone.

I picked up a babe at a bar Saturday night... she told me the only chance I had to get laid was if I was using an iPhone 6+. If it was gold she would stay all night.

Luckily... I got the best of both worlds. I removed my case and scored.

Seriously though, I agree with you. I laugh at all the "I don't use a case and dropped my phone shattering my screen" threads...

Nobody cares what kind of phone you use. I know I don't. The only people that might are those that will rob you to take your wallet and your phone.

15. MSK5959 macrumors member

Tell that to the Apple rep when you walk in with a broken phone, I'm sure they'll give you a new one, no questions asked. :cool:

16. *KID* macrumors regular

Maybe some people have a case on order that has to be made, like me. I'm not wasting a penny buying some cheap ugly case I don't like for the interim when I have apple care. I don't care about showing off my phone - but I don't settle & purchase things I don't like & I don't think anyone else should either.

I also used my last phone naked - some people prefer that - especially now that phones are bigger & cases make them even bigger still.

Judge not - and FYI plenty of phones have broken in cases.

17. indychris macrumors 6502

indychris

Ah, yes. Another, "Oops, I screwed up but I'm in the 14 day window, so maybe I should make Apple responsible for my mistake" thread.

Man, I love integrity these days. It's so easy to justify my own lack of ethic by remembering that the company has more money than I. :cool: