Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hypno

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 30, 2012
Probably around once every 50 or so times I use the home button to wake my iPhone it either doesn't wake the phone up at all and I have to press it a second or third time, or it takes 3-4 seconds to wake the phone up.

The time delay makes me wonder if this is actually a software problem vs hardware problem with the phone, but it reminds me of the home button problem I had with my iPhone 4 years ago where you had to hit the home button multiple times to wake the device up. Apple replaced that phone for me.

Anyone else seeing this problem? Thought I'd ping the community before I call Apple.

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010
I think it may be an IOS 8 issue, i had it on my iphone 5 ios 8, but its been fine on my 6

Diana Prince

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2011
This is happening to me on my iPhone 6 space grey 128gb. At first I thought I wasn't really pushing the button but then as it happened more often I began to realize it's simply not waking on the first push. It seems to happen more when the phone has been sleeping for a longer period of time.

EDIT: I did a back up from iPhone 5. This was happening on my 5 BEFORE iOS 8.

richard371

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
This has pretty much happened to me on every iphone I have ever had and I've had them all. Its a software bug. If it were hardware we would notice the issue when exiting apps or using multitask etc.

L-Tuned

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2012
It happened to my 6 plus 3 times from what I remembered. I just reboot and it's back to normal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.