iPhone 6 Plus Lag

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ibis99, Sep 30, 2014.

1. ibis99 macrumors regular

Has anyone else noticed the choppiness and lag of iOS on the Plus?

2. Bahroo macrumors 68000

are you on iOS 8.0.2? 8.0.2 smoothens the Plus a bit, although there is still a little UI lag here and there, but that is purely software and not hardware because the GX6450 GPU in the Plus is way more then capable of running 1080p resolutions, and even the resolution it downscales from smoothly.

3. ibis99 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm running 8.0.2.

It's a little rough though.

4. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

You're not alone. The iPhone 6+ has MAJOR lag, especially with animations. Most fools on here will say otherwise because they're fanboys. Rest assured, its not only your device.

5. Bahroo macrumors 68000

lol no it doesnt wtf? it has some lag here and there it is by no means "major" at all, stop pulling **** out your ass

6. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

I have not seen any "lag" on the device. If anything, I've seen crashing apps and iOS bugs, but that is not the fault of the Plus and rather the lack of apps that are updated to support the Plus and the latest iOS update. There are still quite a few issues with iOS that are problematic but I wouldn't pin the blame on the device as much as the OS.

It'll be a little rough for us Plus owners for a while due to slow moving updates.

7. derekgroves macrumors member

There absolutely is a stutter here or there. Agreed- anyone that says otherwise is either in denial or drinking the koolaid.

8. saltd macrumors 6502

saltd

I've used both and if there is a difference, it's quite minimal and likely to improve with upcoming updates.

9. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

I'll stop pulling **** out of my ass when you stop talking through your ass. IT DOES have lag. FACT. The 6 doesn't stutter or hiccup like the 6+ does. I am reassuring the OP not to listen to all the people that say otherwise because their fanboys.

10. Big Dawg 23 macrumors regular

If you want lag pick up an Android Device(I own a GNote 3). My 6 Plus is smooth. Sure there are apps that appear to have lag, but its one that reach out to the internet first.

11. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

My 6 plus has major lag.

I noticed it scrolling down articles on safari. When scrolling down it lags a lot. Incredibly annoying so I'm back with my 5S for now.

12. Bahroo macrumors 68000

First off, I didnt say the 6 Plus has no lag, I said it has some lag in certain areas that the UI lags, but in no means is it "major" , it is not "major" and big , no where near the amount your making it to be, mostly I get UI lag in notification center sometimes pulling it down and the quick controls, and once in a little while it stutters in the app, but it isn't "major", my brother says his Plus is very solid for the most part.

13. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

I find the lag happening most in 3rd party apps - hopefully updating apps will help with the lag

Never notice lag in default apps

Either way, having a slight stutter is alright since the device has been an AMAZING user experience so far

14. uncreativedan macrumors member

For a brand new phone, and considering my iPhone 5 running 8.0.2 is only a little more stuttery, this is quite stuttery. This is probably my biggest peeve with the plus, that it feels dated speed-wise right out of the box, especially compared to my wife's 6.

15. 0r30 macrumors 6502

0r30

I recovered from a 5s and felt it laggy. After that I upgraded to 8.0.2 with a set up as a New phone and have not felt it lag like it was doing when restored from my 5s

16. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

I get some freezes and crashes on Safari and sometimes clicking on links doesn't work or there is a lag of time between my finger press on the link and the link opening.

I don't notice any graphics slowdown when I scroll but I'm not doing a whole lot of web surfing.

FB app crashes a lot. That is about all I'm noticing so far. Did have a wee bit of dropped wifi my first couple of days last week but that has since been resolved.

17. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

My 6+ definitely stutters here and there. Hopefully iOS update will make it better.

18. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

The whole reason i purchased my iPhone 4s was the smoothness and speed. I am very disappointed to hear that the plus has these issues. I might as well just get an android phone if I'm going to get lag, stutters and crashes.

19. THE JUICEMAN macrumors 68000

THE JUICEMAN

The only place I see lag is when opening the multitasking interface. I'm sure an update will fix that soon.

Edit - a few freezes and crashes in landscape. I still love it but Apple needs to get these bugs out ASAP.

20. aiyaaabatt macrumors 6502

21. CarboysDesire macrumors 6502a

CarboysDesire

I have not noticed any lagging.

Still running 8.0 on my 6+.

Can someone post a video of what this supposed lagging looks like, please?

22. HelloMikee macrumors 6502a

HelloMikee

23. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

I don't care what your brother says, yet alone you. The device has lag. I know exactly what the OP is talking about. Most of its due to the processor pushing 2X the pixels as the regular 6.

Just because your brother finds it "solid for the most part" doesn't make it ok for everyone. Many people, myself included have noticed the lag, and its anything but minimal.

24. wgr73 macrumors 6502a

wgr73

OP...do you have an iPhone 6 to compare it to *constantly*? If not, your thread is useless.

I compare, and the 6+ is no different then my 6. Your thread title is deceiving (probably because the 6+ is all you have), making it sound like there's a 6+ issue. They are both fine