iPhone 6 plus PIXELS under microscope (defects)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cdesigns, Oct 2, 2014.

1. cdesigns macrumors 6502

First of all, I love my iPhone 6 Plus and I don't have any dead pixels or display issues on my phone, I just have a digital microscope and I wanted to see how the pixels look under a microscope.

With a white background I noticed several defects on the pixels but you will never notice this with the naked eye.

Here is a comparison (iphone 6+ and 7th gen ipod nano) the ipod nano background was partially dark that's why some pixels are off.

Both displays are on the same zoom about 800x if I'm not mistaken

Attached Files:

2. LostMyiPhone macrumors 6502

cool screenshots.

I'm glad someone is brining science to the OCD table!

(not insinuating that you are OCD, but there are people on this very forum who would do what you've done and then promptly exchange their iPhone for one that looks better under a microscope)

3. arson macrumors member

The difference in pixel shape is due to the dual-domain pixels used in the 6 and the 6+

4. cdesigns thread starter macrumors 6502

Lol, every display with this kind of resolution will have this problem, but its something you will never notice not even with huge reading glasses. :D I just got bored lol.

5. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Good if I cant see it with my eyes then I could care less about the microscopic defect :p. But cool pictures.

6. cdesigns thread starter macrumors 6502

Just one more for fun of it, comparing the Galaxy Note 3 Super AMOLED vs the iphone screen, you can clearly see the ppi pixel density between the 2 screens. For me the iphone 6 plus looks sharper and better in movies, text, etc. than the note 3.

Attached Files: