IPhone 6 Plus Popularity

Status
Not open for further replies.

jds4000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2014
I am STUNNED and ASTOUNDED by the immense popularity of the IPhone 6 Plus. Why ? For quite some time, Apple fanboys have vehemently bashed and ridiculed Samsung for making such large phones. The attacks on sites like BGR, Engadget and Wired to name but a few have been relentless and venom packed. Are purchasers of the 6 Plus aware that the device is over a quarter inch TALLER than the Galaxy Note 3 (which is a HUGE BEAST of a phone) and also significantly taller than the Galaxy Note 4 and Samsung Galaxy S 5? You would be hard pressed to find a smart phone with the immense and LAUGHABLE dimensions of the 6 Plus. I owned a Galaxy Note 3 for 8 months before I replaced it with a Moto X back in June. I replaced it for one simple reason. It was a HUGE, BLOATED MONSTROSITY. It was so big and beastly that the only case that I could stomach that DID NOT make it appear as a MONSTROSITY and offer adequate protection was the Otterbox Commuter. The Galaxy Note 3 plus the Otterbox Defender together were sheer hell. The device looked like a semi truck tire. The combination was embarrassingly ludicrous. My already HUGE phone was now GIGANTIC! So suddenly Apple releases the IPhone 6 Plus and all is forgiven by fanboys and the media. Suddenly it is OK to offer a shiny MONSTROSITY with an immense display and stupidly large dimensions. After all, it is branded by Apple. Well this is all I can say folks. I preordered the IPhone 6 and didn't even consider the 6 Plus. Owning the Moto X made me realize that a 4.7 inch display is perfect. Not too big, and far from too small. For all of you hypocritical fanboys out there (and you know who you are) who ordered the 6 Plus, mark these words, YOU WILL BE SORRY! That device is an IMMENSE slab of glass. Don't even think of using it with one hand, and PLEASE, DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER PURCHASING AN OTTERBOX DEFENDER FOR YOUR DEVICE. Apply the Defender and you will immediately realize how massive your shiny new 6 Plus really is. Try texting with one hand and prepare for that beast to flip from your hand and crash to the floor. The IPhone 6 Plus is by dimension one of the largest phones on the planet! You will be the laughing stock of your work place. Bottom line? In the smart phone world, SIZE DOES MATTER! A 6.22 inch tall smart phone? No thanks.

Last edited:

iososx

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2014
USA
It's easy to explain. Steve condemed anything larger than an iPhone so the followers agreed and like good folks attacked Android for Steve.

Once Apple changed their stance the followers had permission to think for themselves and the real truth appeared. Flocking like a dog that was starving, they feasted on the new choice they were given. They sure wasted countless hours prior to Apple's awakening.

techiebug

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2013
I think you need to take some English writing class. Must have 3 sections: open, body, close and also remember to utilize the punctuation.

andyp350

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2011
What a shame they Apple haven't given an alternative for people who don't want such a big phone...

C. Robert

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2013
Baltimore
I am STUNNED and ASTOUNDED by the immense popularity of the IPhone 6 Plus. Why ? For quite some time, Apple fanboys have vehemently bashed and ridiculed Samsung for making such large phones. The attacks on sites like BGR, Engadget and Wired to name but a few have been relentless and venom packed. Are purchasers of the 6 Plus aware that the device is over a quarter inch TALLER than the Galaxy Note 3 (which is a HUGE BEAST of a phone) and also significantly taller than the Galaxy Note 4 and Samsung Galaxy S 5? You would be hard pressed to find a smart phone with the immense and LAUGHABLE dimensions of the 6 Plus. I owned a Galaxy Note 3 for 8 months before I replaced it with a Moto X back in June. I replaced it for one simple reason. It was a HUGE, BLOATED MONSTROSITY. It was so big and beastly that the only case that I could stomach that DID NOT make it appear as a MONSTROSITY and offer adequate protection was the Otterbox Commuter. The Galaxy Note 3 plus the Otterbox Defender together were sheer hell. The device looked like a semi truck tire. The combination was embarrassingly ludicrous. My already HUGE phone was now GIGANTIC! So suddenly Apple releases the IPhone 6 Plus and all is forgiven by fanboys and the media. Suddenly it is OK to offer a shiny MONSTROSITY with an immense display and stupidly large dimensions. After all, it is branded by Apple. Well this is all I can say folks. I preordered the IPhone 6 and didn't even consider the 6 Plus. Owning the Moto X made me realize that a 4.7 inch display is perfect. Not too big, and far from too small. For all of you hypocritical fanboys out there (and you know who you are) who ordered the 6 Plus, mark these words, YOU WILL BE SORRY! That device is an IMMENSE slab of glass. Don't even thing of using it with one hand, and PLEASE, DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER PURCHASING AN OTTERBOX DEFENDER FOR YOUR DEVICE. Apply the Defender and you will immediately realize how massive your shiny new 6 Plus really is. Try texting with one hand and prepare for that beast to flip from your hand and crash to the floor. The IPhone 6 Plus is by dimension one of the largest phones on the planet! You will be the laughing stock of your work place. Bottom line? In the smart phone world, SIZE DOES MATTER! A 6.22 inch tall smart phone? No thanks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc

xxray

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2013
This post is so pointless. Yeah, some people were hypocritical. So what? If they find it too big in the end, they'll just return it within 14 days of receiving it. Chill out.

zetti

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2012
I didnt even get past the first line, paragraphs would be appreciated mate.

rambo47

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2010
Denville, NJ
Plenty of folks - both Apple fanboys and platform-agnostic types - have been pining for a larger screen iPhone for a long time. This unprecedented popularity of the 6+ shows the pent up demand for the larger format. Lots of folks, like me, bought 4" models only because a larger model was not available. So we bought iPhone 5 models, 5c's, and even 5s's. But now we are getting the large screens we have wanted for years.

uchosen

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
Plenty of folks - both Apple fanboys and platform-agnostic types - have been pining for a larger screen iPhone for a long time. This unprecedented popularity of the 6+ shows the pent up demand for the larger format. Lots of folks, like me, bought 4" models only because a larger model was not available. So we bought iPhone 5 models, 5c's, and even 5s's. But now we are getting the large screens we have wanted for years.
I upvoted you because it sounds like you read that monstrosity. Wish I could give you an award.

Dangerous Theory

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2011
UK
The scariest wall of text I've seen in a long time. Yeah, I'm not even gonna try reading that so thanks for saving my time.

antiprotest

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
There has always been very vocal Apple users on both sides of the issue. I do not see a clear majority favoring a smaller screen no matter what, and then just changing their stance once Apple announces the bigger models.

Status
Not open for further replies.