iPhone 6 plus replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mgb1120, Nov 6, 2014.

1. mgb1120 macrumors 6502

Long story short, order iPhone 6 plus online recieved today, screen has a lot of pixels out, if I do online replacement will I get a brand new iPhone retail box or will I receive a white box replacement? Online said sealed retail box and then called again and said white replacement box...

2. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

I will never understand why people are so worried about refurbs as replacements. I got my iPhone 6+ replaced and it was in a white box. That's all I know. Refurbs are actually better than new because they are inspected. Plus, the outside of phone will be brand new so why does it matter? If the phone works then that's all there is to be happy about.

3. aristobrat macrumors G5

If you return it for a refund and go through the process of placing an order for another new one, you'll guaranteed to get a brand new iPhone.

If you have it replaced under the AppleCare warranty (either at the Genius Bar in an Apple Store, or via the 1-800 number), you'll get a white box replacement (which may contain a brand new iPhone, or a refurbished iPhone in a brand new metal case with a brand new battery).

4. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

I have this theory that the replacements are cherry picked new phones since apple doesn't want to disappoint customers. I had an iPad replacement from a brown box and it was perfect.