iPhone 6 Plus to iPhone 6 back to iPhone 6 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DanUC6, Sep 27, 2014.

1. DanUC6 macrumors 6502a

So I ordered the 6 Plus. Loved it from the minute I held it. But I wasn't quite sure if I made the right choice. So I began listening to the "it's too big" crowd. So I tried to see if I could find a 6. Found one and activated it. At first I was satisfied because of the size. But within 24 hours I knew I made a mistake. In the end I missed the big screen. All the slight negatives I had with the 6 Plus were worth the size. I'm glad I got the 6. It made me realize how much I loved the 5.5 inch iPhone. In the end it is an individual preference but having a large screen at your fingertips is worth any hassle it brings.

2. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Give it a week or so... you'll be back to the 6 ;)

Of course the week after that you'll be back to the 6+ and the cycle will continue :p

3. DanUC6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

I imagine this happens to most people who had the 6+ and then went to the iPhone 6. Most probably won't admit it though because they are trying to justify it in their mind.

5. DanUC6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Justify that the 6 Plus was better? Or 6? I'm glad I did it. The 6 is just too small once you have the Plus.

6. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Or perhaps the 6+ is just too big once you have the 6 :eek:

7. scottw324 macrumors 6502

I used my wife's iP5 today for a little bit to update it to 8.0.2 and then make some changes in the settings app. After using the 6+ for the last week, the iP5 is so small. I don't think I could go back to a screen that small unless it was for an iPod or something basic.

8. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

Many People go on the forums and say "haha the 6 Plus is too big nobody should ever use it it is horrible I returned it after not having done enough research before buying a gigantic phone NEVER GET A 6 PLUS"
    And what Shasta says, and what I agree with, is basically that many will afterwards miss the screen, kind of like you did, but they won't dare to go back because they are still telling everyone and, as of then, themselves the 6 Plus was not the right choice.

9. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

Exactly what Min said above. The 6+ is not a phone you can just pickup in the store and decide right there on the spot if its too big for you or not. All of us with iPhones are obviously coming from the 5S which is a small screened phone by industry standards. What I'm saying is that its hard to have any other phone once you've owned and got used to the 6+'s screen. People who had the 6+ and then went to the 6 will always get envious when they see someone with the 6+ out in public because they know just how nice that screen is. And then once the developers and apps catch up they will have switchers remorse.

10. HenryDJP macrumors 603

Gotta love the 4.7" iPhone 6 owners. They seem threatened when 6 Plus users are satisfied.

----------

100% agreed. That was my experience. Ordered the iPhone 6 Plus, received it on Thursday. Loved it. Went to the Apple store to get a case and Applecare and saw the 4.7" iPhone 6. I was very happy I chose the 6 Plus. The 4.7" model is just too small. Seems like a minor upgrade to the 5S.

Decide for yourself and don't let the negative influences of people on this forum to sway your judgement. Most of the negatives towards the 6 Plus come from the iPhone 6 4.7" owners trying to justify their purchase because the 6 Plus is superior to the regular iPhone 6. Better screen, longer battery life, Optical Image Stabilization, new landscape modes for desktop, email and iMessage, plus the bigger screen. :)

11. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Agreed but its too big for me. The phone is just too big, and using it almost a week didn't change. I stopped caring about the cool PPI and battery life because it was way too big especially with a case on. Just my opinion.

12. Shadowbech, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2014

Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Since I have the 6 Plus, I just can't justify downgrading a screen size and I love the 5.5" phone. Also my previous phone I used was the Galaxy S5, which had 5.1" screen so I can definitely welcome a bigger screen but I could never go down.

13. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

The 5S over the 5 was a minor upgrade and everyone here bought the 5S lol.

14. HenryDJP macrumors 603

Nah, EVERYONE HERE did not buy the 5S. Don't make stuff up. :p

----------

It most certainly is, just YOUR opinion.

15. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

We're on macrumors, of course everyone did. Except them weirdos.

16. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Lol okay then 99.1% of people here did.

17. HenryDJP macrumors 603

Both of you guys need a reality check.

18. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Pretty sure they both were simply being semi-sarcastic ;)

Too bad there isn't a sarcasm font used here on MacRumors.

19. ApplePhy macrumors 6502

You nailed it.

I held a 6 for the first time today, and was entirely underwhelmed. Seems so tiny compared to the 6+

Maybe it's because I've been using the 6+ exclusively since launch day. Hadn't even held or seen a 6 in person until today.

Funny because the 6 owner expressed the EXACT opposite to me. After having held the 6+ for the first time, she thought it was ridunculously ginormous, and was turned off.

All matter of perspective I suppose!

20. Zarx macrumors newbie

Change to a bigger one, that is easy.
    Change to a smaller one, that is hard.
    Bigger TV, bigger house, bigger bed.
    The nature of human is bigger, larger, stronger.
    The drawbacks of present technology is the compromise. So they have to extend the size. But imagine, if the virtual screen technique is real, no one would say bigger is terrible.

21. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

Still playing with the options at the Apple store.
    First trip: Plus is WAY to big.
    Second trip. "Well, it's not that big, and it fits front pocket just fine"

To me the big difference is that I would have to retrain my left hand a little for the 6 Plus. I really do a lot on my 5S with just the left hand. Easy on the 6, not quite so easy on the 6 Plus.

Think both are just great designs. I can sure understand those that go back and forth between the two choices!

22. Pagandeva2000 macrumors member

Pagandeva2000

I immediately knew that the iPhone 6 Plus would be the phone for me. I got a 128gb one and I have NO regrets.

I'm a app hog and I also enjoy games and watching movies with Amazon Prime, Netflix and other streaming programs so the Plus was a must. Who cares what people say? My phone is tailored to MY needs not theirs

23. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

Got my 6+ on 9/19, and I loved it from the start. I went in to the Apple store a couple of times and handled the 6: it's so tiny! :) Handling the 6 affirmed that the 6+ was the absolute right choice for me.

Watching Inglorious Basterds on the 6+ is greatness!

24. DanUC6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

In the end it's totally a preference. I love this screen. That is all. Good day sir. I said good day!!!