iPhone 6 Plus - two weeks later

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Steverd99, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Steverd99 macrumors newbie

So I made another one of my dumb little videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spNKWb08pFI&feature=youtu.be

It's been "almost" two weeks since I opened up my iPhone 6 Plus box.
    My first thought was, WOW is that BIG, did I just make a HUGE mistake?
    My friends have the iPhone 6 and it's a great size. Well I immediately DROPPED it, hey, it's BIG and slippery, so I got a case. NOW it's even BIGGER!!!...
    After just a few days, I was completely LOVING the larger iPhone. The size was great, you got used to it in your pocket (jeans, shorts, dockers, etc). It's been no different for me, except for a larger phone!! And no, of course it hasn't bent any in two weeks of real life use!! It's you're really bored check out my video, it's pretty much what I just typed above!

Thoughts/comments?
    Steve

2. dannynjoni, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2014

dannynjoni macrumors member

Currently on my 4th day of ownership. Thought I'd return it for sure. Actually, I only bought it off of recommendations of several friends who own bigger phones, all swearing that I would get used to this huge size.

Turns out I completely agree with your post. I think it's a keeper! Although I'm not accustomed to the larger size when I hold it, everything else about it is just too wonderful :). I actually love both of the new iPhones. But I agree with those who say once you go with the bigger screen it's really difficult to go back. I may be one of the people who sell their iPads too. I'm waiting until this "Honeymoon" phase is over first, but I can tell you that I like typing on the Plus much more than on my iPad, so it's actually better for production (the main logic for purchasing my iPad).

I think this is a nice little device (iPad-Micro) for an ultra-portable computer that plays very well with my MBP which I hook up to a Cinema Display in my office. I have always felt like the iPad Air, while a very nice product, was a bit of a force fit between my phone and macbook. I am beginning to believe I can now skip that step not because I really need to, but because it's simply more efficient. I always have it with me!

Like you, I have also demonstrated the uncanny ability of keeping mine as straight and rigid as any iPhone before it! It's almost as if the bend gate stories were merely a lot of hype ;>.

It does however feel like it could fall out of my back pocket more easily than previous phones. I always carry AppleCare though, which helps me feel a little more secure about that.

3. sallenthornton macrumors member

I agree. When I first opened the phone, I felt I was going to return it within a few days. Loved the larger screen and increased battery, but it was so big. After using the plus since Apple released it, there is no way I would return it for the smaller version. This phone is fantastic.

4. Surf Monkey macrumors 68020

Surf Monkey

I've had mine since launch day. It's the perfect size. Love it.

5. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Lmao wtf. Thanks for that wonderful video... Clash of clans ftw haha

6. Delmar macrumors 6502

7. gCloud macrumors 6502a

Opposite for me loved it in the beginging, 2 weeks in, really annoyed with lag and glitches and fear of sitting on it :)

I think the downscaling gimps it.

Battery life is excellent though.

8. doxielover macrumors 6502a

doxielover

9. Steverd99 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's an Incipio DualPro SHINE
    OK, I got it from my AT&T store, but to be honest there was very very little to choose from at the time. After I dropped my phone on the first day, I said I'm getting a case RIGHT NOW! So I had to get what I could find. BUT this case turns out to be pretty nice!

Steve

10. TRC-WA macrumors regular

Your case is similar to my Ballistic slim case... Protects the phone without encasing it in a block of rubber.

Had mine 10 days... Didn't even consider the 6. 100% satisfied.