iPhone 6 plus wifi problem

alectric619

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 31, 2012
It's been about 2 weeks since the new iPhones came out and still haven't had an update to fix the slow wifi problems, getting frustrated having an unusable phone

shook187

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2014
It's been about 2 weeks since the new iPhones came out and still haven't had an update to fix the slow wifi problems, getting frustrated having an unusable phone
I returned mine yesterday since I'm not married to iOS, I'm actually an Android guy... Unfortunately I really did like the phone and hopefully a fix will come in real soon and I'll jump back on board.. But I would seriously consider a Note 4 if a fix is not in by the time its release

AMTYVLE

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2014
Southeast Florida
I returned mine yesterday since I'm not married to iOS, I'm actually an Android guy... Unfortunately I really did like the phone and hopefully a fix will come in real soon and I'll jump back on board.. But I would seriously consider a Note 4 if a fix is not in by the time its release
I had a Galaxy S4 since the day it came out (just switched to the iPhone6+) but my Galaxy was notorious for dropping Wifi - "Internet connection is unstable" message was popping up ALL THE TIME. I tried everything to stop it, factory resets on the phone, connecting to different WiFi's, a new modem, a new router - EVEN switched internet providers...nothing helped.

Galaxy S4 was a pain with WiFi - glad I'm done with that phone.

I have yet to notice any WiFi issues with my 6+.

alectric619

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 31, 2012
Guys I just found a fix, went to tmobile and got the "free" cell spot router which is 802.11ac I believe dual band, got rid of my old dlink 802.11N router

Now I get 29mbps speeds in average, up from the average 12mbps speed I had

Hope this helps you guys!:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.