iPhone 6 Plus will cost £789 ($1277) in the UK

sunking101

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
Lolz. For a 128GB mobile phone with 1GB of RAM.
Are Apple having a laugh?

sunking101

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
Apple is a premium brand, this should be known.
Formerly yes. To charge premium prices for mediocre products doesn't tally. I'll pay big for a premium product but the i6 doesn't strike me as a premium product. It has mediocre specs and is nowhere near the best phone on the market. Why pay more for less?

CD3660

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.
Formerly yes. To charge premium prices for mediocre products doesn't tally. I'll pay big for a premium product but the i6 doesn't strike me as a premium product. It has mediocre specs and is nowhere near the best phone on the market. Why pay more for less?
Don't bother then. Nobody is twisting your arm to buy one.

If it's so sub-standard, why are you even bothered about the price?

TommyA6

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2013
What is better on the other phones, apart from RAM, which I agree, should have been increased to 2 gb (if they indeed have 1 gb)?

UnluckyXIII

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2014
Wait to see what it comes down to once subsidised by the carriers, the outright price for almost every high-end smartphone is pretty ridiculous really!

XIII

UnluckyXIII

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2014
What is better on the other phones, apart from RAM, which I agree, should have been increased to 2 gb (if they indeed have 1 gb)?
The note 4 boast "higher" specs in almost all areas, I'm not saying "better" as I believe Apple understand their software and hardware better so you get more performance from lower specs.

XIII

steveza

macrumors 68000
Feb 20, 2008
UK
Wait to see what it comes down to once subsidised by the carriers, the outright price for almost every high-end smartphone is pretty ridiculous really!

XIII
No such thing as subsidised really. It is more expensive to buy a phone on contract than pay cash upfront and get a cheap monthly SIM only deal.

daviddth

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2009
Australia
If it's too much, dont buy one. It's AU$1249 here from memory and I'm getting one outright. If that was too much I'd go on a plan, but plans do not suit me at all.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
If it's too much, dont buy one. It's AU$1249 here from memory and I'm getting one outright. If that was too much I'd go on a plan, but plans do not suit me at all.
You misunderstand me. It isn't the price putting me off, it's the spec. I would pay the asking price if I wanted the phone but I don't. I was merely amazed at the price for such a low spec phone. Apple are charging as if it's a killer phone when it plainly isn't.

UnluckyXIII

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2014
No such thing as subsidised really. It is more expensive to buy a phone on contract than pay cash upfront and get a cheap monthly SIM only deal.
Normally its favourable to buy outright when you factor in the total costs spread over the duration of the contract but for most people it works out more manageable paying £99 or what ever upfront and then say £50p/m for 2 years rather then having to pay out something near £800 in one sitting and still require a carrier plan on top.

XIII