iphone 6 plus wont receive texts from andriod or nokia phones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphone50, Nov 4, 2014.

1. iphone50 macrumors member

Hello,

I have been having an issue with my iphone 6 plus, I cant receive texts or pictures from non-iphone users. It has been really bugging me and I have not been able to find a way to fix it. Does anyone have any suggestions or help they can offer? Any suggestions or solutions are very much appreciated. Thank you.

2. McDaddio macrumors 6502a

3. pilotkid macrumors 6502a

It probably has something to do with iMessaging. Try turning it off?

4. iphone50 thread starter macrumors member

To both of you...

I am constantly missing text messages from family and friends and it's definitely frustrating.

I have turned imessage on and off, I have reset network settings, I have done tons of trouble shooting and it has been to no avail....

Any other ideas or suggestions? Need help, thanks.

5. jpeg42 macrumors 6502a

jpeg42

First, MacDaddio, you are just..... a real treat.

OP:
    Are you sure you have a text message plan?
    (Don't laugh, serious question, it happened to me. They screwed up my transfer from Andriod and left me without a text message plan on my iphone. I was getting iMessages so I thought everything was OK, but everyone who sent a text from outside Apple just never got to me. Took me a month to figure it out).

Are you current iPhone messages coming through blue or green? You might want to try turning off iMessage temporarily and see if they still come through. If they come through green, something strange is up.

6. iphone50 thread starter macrumors member

I am pretty sure I do, but I would have to confirm with my carrier verizon. I have an appointment with them today, because someone mentioned to me it could be a carrier issue. So im going to try to fix it through them or at least rule them out as a possible reason for the problem.

Most of my texts come through as blue and yesterday I unregistered all my previous iphones associated with my apple id account, cause I thought that might be apart of the problem.