Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dastrass

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2013
Does anybody know if the iphone 6 will be available for pre-order or will it be just a case of getting up early and taking your chances on release day ?

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
Does anybody know if the iphone 6 will be available for pre-order or will it be just a case of getting up early and taking your chances on release day ?

You know this has been asked a few trillion times and there are many active threads already going about this, right?

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England
If the store goes down ahead of the event then it could be that we can pre order straight away - but for the 5S I recall waiting up until midnight the following week to place my pre-order from the Apple store. I'm pretty sure that's what happened.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
If the store goes down ahead of the event then it could be that we can pre order straight away - but for the 5S I recall waiting up until midnight the following week to place my pre-order from the Apple store. I'm pretty sure that's what happened.

Store will go down ahead of time either way, as they will be updating it with new information... Preorder or not.

Most likely not.

youknome

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2010
Tuesday will reveal all.

iPhone 5S wasn't available for pre-order, this one might/might not. There isn't a consistent trend yet, it's quite erratic, so you can not tell for sure.

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2013
You know this has been asked a few trillion times and there are many active threads already going about this, right?

Seriously, I don't know why people just can't wait for the announcement in a couple of days.

Nobody here knows anyways so these type of threads are pointless.

Last edited:

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
Out of curiosity, have any retail stores (eg. Radioshack) in the US released an iPhone model a day earlier than the date set by Apple? For instance say the iPhone 6 will be available on Sept. 19, is there a possibility that a store would have it for sale on the 18th? Can they do that?

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Out of curiosity, have any retail stores (eg. Radioshack) in the US released an iPhone model a day earlier than the date set by Apple? For instance say the iPhone 6 will be available on Sept. 19, is there a possibility that a store would have it for sale on the 18th? Can they do that?

Almost impossible unless a big mistake is made by an employee - they're placed under a strict embargo enforced by Apple.

Occasionally, one or two may get their phones delivered early if they pre-ordered if someone messes up at FedEx, UPS etc. But buying one from a shop? Extremely, extremely unlikely.

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
iPhone 6 pre-order

Almost impossible unless a big mistake is made by an employee - they're placed under a strict embargo enforced by Apple.

Occasionally, one or two may get their phones delivered early if they pre-ordered if someone messes up at FedEx, UPS etc. But buying one from a shop? Extremely, extremely unlikely.

OK. Was just wondering if it was ever done on purpose and if so wether or not they would get into trouble with Apple. Thanks for the info.

iSimpsons

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2011
Keep in mind that the reason they didn't offer pre orders on the 5S was due to stock shortages, which we heard about weeks before the event. And if I remember correctly, the 5C was available to pre-order, as Apple didn't have any shortages of stock for that device.

We haven't heard about any sort of production issues (which may lead to shortages) with the iPhone 6, so I believe that Apple will offer pre-orders on the iPhone 6.

We'll find out soon enough :)

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Keep in mind that the reason they didn't offer pre orders on the 5S was due to stock shortages, which we heard about weeks before the event. And if I remember correctly, the 5C was available to pre-order, as Apple didn't have any shortages of stock for that device.

We haven't heard about any sort of production issues (which may lead to shortages) with the iPhone 6, so I believe that Apple will offer pre-orders on the iPhone 6.

Wasn't there reports of the 5.5" iPhone 6 having production issues? i do hope there is a pre-order option for the iPhone 6 tho.

munakib

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2011
Yup, we know that Apple has ordered/moved into production a huge number of phones unlike before and also the supply chain partners are so overwhelmed by Apples orders they are unable to accommodate other manufacturers. You can sleep confidently that there will be pre-orders for the phone.

iSimpsons

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2011
Wasn't there reports of the 5.5" iPhone 6 having production issues? i do hope there is a pre-order option for the iPhone 6 tho.

Sorry I wasn't clear enough, I was talking about the 4.7" - as for the 5.5", from all the rumours it looks like its going to be released later on in the year/early next year.

I doubt we'll be seeing pre-orders for the larger iPhone, if there is one ;) ;)

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Sorry I wasn't clear enough, I was talking about the 4.7" - as for the 5.5", from all the rumours it looks like its going to be released later on in the year/early next year.

I doubt we'll be seeing pre-orders for the larger iPhone, if there is one ;) ;)

I hope they announce them together tho, if the 5.5" exists ;-) that way everyone (myself included) can decide which one we want to get.

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010

I hope Apple offers preorders for the iPhone 6. It was nice getting the devices on launch day. Ordering the 5S on launch day and receiving it a few days later wasn't that bad and didn't have to deal with craziness at the Apple store.

This is how it went down last year...

5S announced tues 9/10/13, launched fri 9/20/13 (ordered online at 3am EST), delivered wed 9/25/13.

iSimpsons

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2011
I hope Apple offers preorders for the iPhone 6. It was nice getting the devices on launch day. Ordering the 5S on launch day and receiving it a few days later wasn't that bad and didn't have to deal with craziness at the Apple store.

5S announced tues 9/10/13, launched fri 9/20/13 (ordered online at 3am EST), delivered wed 9/25/13.

Would love to get it on launch day as I have YT channel where I can post my launch day unboxing ;) I would queue but I have school..:(

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013

I remember they last year, i ordered a 5S as soon as it was announced, and had to wait 2 weeks, that just the first batch of stock. Those ordered later had to wait longer. So I'm hoping this year it will be sooner.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.