iPhone 6: Ridge Hill Yonkers, NY

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by CaptainDunsel, Sep 15, 2014.

1. CaptainDunsel macrumors newbie

Anybody planning on going and know what time security is letting people wait on line?

2. og3og macrumors member

og3og

I preordered for this store and will be showing up early to pick up.

Went last year for the 5S, they said security wasn't letting people line up till 5am, but I got there around 3:30-4:00 am and there was already about 20+ ppl in line.

3. HERO XXL macrumors regular

They switched it up this year!
    Last year, we were at least allowed INSIDE the grounds of the mall. This year? They've blocked the entrances. Already a row of cars lined up alongside the road--and people (lots) camping out (on line) beside them. Unsure if they'll be letting cars in and at what time. Anyone?

4. vdawgs22 macrumors member

This is crazy!! Knew I shoulda went to danbury!!! Any updates towards the front?

5. HERO XXL macrumors regular

Not really. Can't tell from where I am. I'm in my car and I'm not trying to sit on line OUTSIDE of the mall. (?!?!) my guess is that they'll allow the cars inside--I'll drive in, find parking and head for the REAL line outside the store.

6. vdawgs22 macrumors member

Someone has a list that says he's got 255 names on it

7. HERO XXL macrumors regular

...anything's possible. I wouldn't shoot down ANY report at this point. Someone just mentioned that they'd be letting the cars on the grounds at 7am. So time will tell. Good luck.

8. CaptainDunsel thread starter macrumors newbie

9. CaptainDunsel thread starter macrumors newbie

10. HERO XXL macrumors regular

Okay--here's the story.
    As previously stated, People and cars were lined up outside of the entrance to the shopping area.
    I guess someone from the shopping area/Apple Store (?) came out and made an announcement--the line would be formed outside of the STORE--NOT outside the entrance to the shopping area.
    ...People start to lose their minds.
    Apparently there WAS a list of the people who lined up earlier.
    Police show up for crowd control. After getting the story straight, they announce that they're going to honor the list. All the cars have to move off the street at 6 and they'll call out the names on the list at 6 as well and allow those individuals to line up outside the store.

11. og3og macrumors member

og3og

Did they say anything about people who preordered? Will there be a separate line?

12. HERO XXL macrumors regular

Don't know yet. After my last post, I found out that everyone put their name on a list. They're calling out names to get into the shopping area one by one. Up to the 300's now. No telling what's waiting for you when you get to the actual store.

13. HERO XXL macrumors regular

6+'s are DONE in all carriers except for Sprint.