iPhone 6: S. FL Stores (Aventura, Dadeland, The Falls, Lincoln Rd, Galleria, Boca)

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by stephen1108, Sep 10, 2014.

1. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

Well it's that time of year guys. I think it makes sense to group all the major South Florida stores together here since they're not THAT far from each other. That way we can plan out which store would be best to go to going off precedent.

For reference, here are the links for last year's 5s/5c launch:

Dadeland / The Falls / Lincoln Rd
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1635793

Lincoln Rd
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1637876

Aventura Mall
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1634779

Boca Town Center
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1638514

Galleria (no one replied)
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1634777

If my pre-order goes off without a hitch, I don't think I'll be making the line this year, but if it doesn't, the line again it is! It was actually a fun experience!

2. fedecape macrumors 6502

fedecape

I live in Homestead (last stop before the keys) and The Falls is very convenient for me. I think I'll repeat.
    I got there 3-4am last year and I was only able to buy Space Grey :/

3. bombboy macrumors regular

bombboy

After the fiasco trying to get it online (I had one for release but shipping info incorrect), guess it's The Falls for me. See you guys there.

4. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

I was at the falls last year though. I want to say 6AM. Didn't have an issue or ridiculously long wait.

Luckily got my order through in time for Friday delivery. It wasn't bad, just boring.

5. Mar424 macrumors newbie

I have a pre-order to be picked up on 9/19 from Aventura. Anybody know the likelihood of being done and out by 9AM?

I usually would go in afternoon after it slows down, but I'm actually going out of town and flight leaves at 11:30 and I don't wanna spend my vacation trying to find a phone..

6. bombboy macrumors regular

bombboy

Yeah, not too worried about it. Will be my 4th iteration since OG model. Always had fun each time I did go, can't wait.

7. stephen1108 thread starter macrumors 65816

Aventura is a really big and trafficked store. I'm not sure if you'll be outta there by 9 unless they have a line for in store pick-ups. I waited in line at Aventura last year, I got there at 1 AM, and didn't leave the actual store until sometime after 10 AM, maybe 11. I was like #200 in line :(

8. -Knight- macrumors 6502a

-Knight-

If i decide to wait in line i'm down to go to any of the apple stores. Can anyone post which one you don't have to wait outside in case it rains? lol

Since I want the 6+ 64 or 128 I'm thinking I need to be there early Thursday which I would really hate to do. Anyone else thinking of going there early Thursday?

9. stephen1108 thread starter macrumors 65816

Aventura has you wait in a parking garage, so that's sheltered. If you want that model, I would say go from like.. 6 PM Thursday and scope by the Apple Store to see if there's a line yet, and if not, I'd say go back around 8-9 PM and wait from then.

10. -Knight- macrumors 6502a

-Knight-

Thanks for the info. Would be nice to be sheltered in case it rains lol. You going to wait in line this year?

11. stephen1108 thread starter macrumors 65816

Unless Apple royally messes up my launch day pre-order, then I won't be.

12. Lasereyes macrumors member

Does anyone know if the Lincoln road store has a line already? Should I be safe for a iPhone+ 64GB Grey if I get there 3-4AM Friday morning?

13. Lasereyes macrumors member

Bump! Can't decide between Boca, Wellington or Lincoln road. Anyone have experience at any of these stores for launch dates?

14. stephen1108 thread starter macrumors 65816

I don't think Lincoln Rd has a line yet, but don't quote me on that. If you really want that specific model, then I say get there from 12 AM. Don't go at 3-4, you wanna be as close to the front of that line as possible.

15. Lasereyes macrumors member

Thanks for the info! This is all so daunting, really wish att didn't screw me over with my preorder :(

16. Srocket macrumors newbie

Does anyone have any experience with galleria mall on previous launch days. What time did you get out there and what did the inventory look like

17. pcmike macrumors 6502

pcmike

Wellington is nearly always busy. Usually lots of kids with nothing better to do in line Thursday evening by the time the mall closes. In the past, as long as you're there by about 2-3am Friday morning, you should be within the first 40 people in line. Be prepared to sit outside (and in possible rain) all night/morning. The crowd is usually fairly cool about talking and making the time past, but if you're not too social, definitely bring music to listen to. It gets crazier right around the time the sun comes up and usually the news does a segment or two from within the crowd. :apple:

18. stephen1108 thread starter macrumors 65816

I've never been to Galleria, and I don't think anyone from MacRumors has ever reported on it tbh. No one replied to my thread last year :(

19. annexedwa macrumors newbie

Actually guys, I was at galleria last year and I'm here now! Galleria is great. It's low key and not many people live around it. Your best bet is to come here ASAP. I heard the plusses are going to be scarce.

20. Lasereyes macrumors member

You're lined up already?? Are you alone?

21. annexedwa macrumors newbie

LOL. After hearing there will be shortages on plus I wasn't taking any chances. Actually 3 people here so far.

22. Lasereyes macrumors member

What are the rules? Can you make a tent? I might join you >_>

23. annexedwa macrumors newbie

Have you gone to aventura?

24. Lasereyes macrumors member

Nope! I live in Boca but you can't camp at the apple stores around me :(

25. annexedwa macrumors newbie

Oh, you can't at most except this one. But most people start getting here tomorrow.