iPhone 6 screen top right corner darker?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CupertinoSlave, Sep 30, 2014.

1. CupertinoSlave, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014

CupertinoSlave macrumors regular

CupertinoSlave

Is anyone's iPhone 6 screen darker in the top right corner?

UPDATE: Went to the Apple store last night and tried to exchange for a new one. The Apple store genius opened a brand new box and it had the same kind of darkness in the top right. Not sure whats going on.

Also most if not all of the model iphones had the same thing going on.

2. jamesgf macrumors member

Mine has a slightly darker tint that is only noticeable on a white screen when the backlight is at ~25% or less. My 5s had a bit of this also, but it was across the entire top instead of just the upper right corner.

3. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

The top right corner of my iPhone 6 is slightly darker too. More noticeable on lower light settings. I'm trying to ignore it as the phone is otherwise perfect.

4. Bigserver1 macrumors regular

This is basically how mine is. If the screen is dim and I'm really looking for it, it's ever so slightly darker. If the screen is above 25% or so, or if the background is any color than white, I don't notice it at all.

Phone is otherwise perfect, so this wouldn't cause me to return.

5. markyr17 macrumors 65816

markyr17

This is how all the iPhone 6's I have seen are - the iPhone 6 Pluses I have seen do not exhibit this problem

6. pullfocus macrumors 65816

pullfocus

7. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

8. Kariya, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014

Kariya macrumors 68000

Kariya

Mine has this too. Sent it in for a replacement. If the new one has it too then I'll give up.

Screen uniformity is a big deal to me. Coz I'll be staring at the thing everyday for 12-24 months. I don't like settling for subpar stuff. Especially when it comes to screens.

9. Dlanod macrumors 6502a

The three 6's I had all had dead/stuck pixels but they all had this top right hand of the screen too. I gave up because of the pixels and went for a 6+ and the screen is better with no shading. First 6+ had scuffs you could feel with your nail around the home button but second is near perfect.

10. CupertinoSlave thread starter macrumors regular

CupertinoSlave

Went to the Apple store last night and tried to exchange for a new one. The Apple store genius opened a brand new box and it had the same kind of darkness in the top right. Not sure whats going on.

11. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

12. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

I couldn't agree with you more, but I returned 3 iPad Airs because of yellow screens until I finally got a 4th that was good and don't want to go through that again, especially with a phone and contract. I can live with the slightly dimmer top upper corner and the screen seems to be good otherwise. Even with a slightly less than perfect screen I really love this upgrade from my iPhone 5.

13. rattler macrumors member

The right side of my screen is fine, but there's a dimmer yellowish area about an inch long around the upper left corner. It's only really noticeable when I have the brightness turned down.

14. CupertinoSlave thread starter macrumors regular

CupertinoSlave

So, is this the way all iPhone 6's are? Are people just not noticing it?

15. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

iPhone 6 plus here: mine seems to be uniform.

I tried it at 25% 50 75 than 100% brightness, and it seems pretty uniform and blue'ish.

16. JoeTomasone macrumors 6502

17. arliu macrumors regular

18. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

I did notice the same exact issue on a friends iPhone 6.
    Why haven't you tried opening a new box in the Apple Store? If it were me, I would've just returned it.

19. that be me macrumors 6502

I had the same issue. The upper right corner on my iPhone 6 screen was darker. Took it in for a replacement, walked out with a flawless iPhone. I did notice that most of the display 6s had this while none of the 6+s did.

20. Djay1 macrumors member

No screen shading with mine.

One stuck pixel on extreme left middle of screen but it is gone after the first day of usage. ???