iPhone 6 Screen Uniformity

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ghsNick, Sep 26, 2014.

1. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

So I've read threads about bad screens and mine is pretty solid (not yellow) when comparing to my older models. This picture may look "yellow" but comparing to my 5 and 5c this looks great, so disregard if it looks a little yellow.

1) I tweaked these photos a little bit because I'm trying to see how uniform my screen is. Does it look like it's half cool and half warm? Or yellow around edges? Or any types of blobs on the screen?

2) I'm not the best at this and I plan on leaving that white screen blasted for an hour or so to make sure it solves any "issues" I may have. Is that a good idea?

3) Am I seeing things or just going crazy? lol

Attached Files:

2. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Here's another pic - I'm not sure if I'm seeing a blotch or I'm going crazy from looking at this thing :eek:

Attached Files:

3. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

4. jetlitheone macrumors 6502a

5. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Do you see it?

What should I do to help it dry?

6. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I notice it when looking at your picture, but you have 14 days to do a return/exchange. So if it really bothers you, why not take it back and get another one?

Or just use it for a week and if it doesn't disappear then get it exchanged.

I had to do that many times on my iPad Mini Retina, and eventually gave up on it due to yellow tint on the bottom.

7. jetlitheone macrumors 6502a

Leave it in the sun. UV Rays help.

And yeah I see it a little. I'm on my phone though I'll look at it on my calibrated monitor later

8. BrandonZ macrumors 6502

I had three iPhone 6 is so far. Two had dead pixels and the last one looked just like your screen so I returned it. I figured for $750 it shouldn't take so many tries the screen it's decent. I may try to buy one again in a month or so.

----------

Is this true? Does the screen need to be on or just in the sun?

9. ghsNick, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2014

ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Yeah, I literally cannot notice it unless I do a blank white screen and start tilting it.

Wondering if this is enough for me to make a trip to the Apple Store. Those people are getting sick of me lol.

10. Marli macrumors regular

11. krspkbl macrumors 6502

krspkbl

your screen actually looks perfect as far as i can tell. i'd be happy with it. relax and save yourself the trip to the apple store.

and that's coming from someone who is very nit picky when it comes to things like this. i'll return something if the screen isn't lit up evenly or if it has even a single bit of dust trapped under the screen or a dead pixel.

it seems the 6 displays are huge improvement of previous models. as far back as i can remember the iphone had issues with backlighting and the 5S has a lot of issues with trapped dust/dead pixels. from what i've seen of the 6 it has great quality screens. i tried one out just a few hours ago and it looks beautiful.

i don't mind a little scratch or that anywhere else on the device (be it phone/laptop/tablet) but the screen has to be perfect cause that's what i'll be looking at 99% of the time.

enjoy your iphone :)

12. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

You need to take a deep breath and relax or you will drive yourself crazy.

You will have a hard time ever enjoying your phone. The screen variation is so slight I do not think you will find better.

Not trying to be a smarty just trying to keep it in perspective.

13. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Thanks - chances are if I exchanged it there would be another problem with the new phone lol.

My girlfriend wants to kill me for how much I'm looking at this thing, I think I'll relax now. Thanks :cool:

14. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I hope you can enjoy. You got a great phone and will serve you well.

Hug the girlfriend often as they can get jealous of our toys"

15. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Do UV rays really help?

And what do you think I your monitor? I'm keeping it since it's very minimal (and I don't stare at blank screens often haha) but I just thought I'd ask.

16. jetlitheone macrumors 6502a

A tiny amount. Looks like glue and if it is uv Rays help

17. barry.wiestling macrumors member

I have been reading all of your post the past couple of days because my phone had a yellow tint. You need to just stop and enjoy your phone. If you don't notice this problem with regular use forget about it.

You will always find something wrong if you keep inspecting every little thing. Just enjoy the device.

18. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Thanks. I was trying to find another post on this. There's got to be another thread where the glue didn't dru properly or maybe it smudged when drying.

And just for anyone who's asking - I do enjoy my device. With white backgrounds on iOS 8, I can notice this when scrolling in settings/etc. just wondering if there was a fix.

19. Euphrates macrumors member

Don't listen to anyone telling you it's fine. Not only is that screen VERY yellow. It is not uniform. It shouldn't be either of those things. My screen was like that but the left half was white (perfect actually), the right side was nasty cigarette stain yellow. It was my second one and I said F it and returned it. My Galaxy S3 will be just fine for now.

Edit: Also as for the glue drying that's a myth. It will never change from that yellow and that weird gradient is permanent. If you must keep the IP6, exchange it.

20. kre62 macrumors 68000

People say it's glue every year when it never is and never will be.

If you notice something something's wron,. It'll catch your eye as you use the phone.

Take it back and get another. There are perfect screens out there as I have one. I'm very familiar with the yellow screens and trying to deal with them. You deserve better.

21. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Like I said, the screen isn't yellow. I've compared it to my girlfriends 5 and her Kindle Fire - both those screens look yellow next to mine. The "yellow" you're referring to isn't the issue.

It's the very slight "blotch" I tried circling. I'll take a pic next to her fire and show you how the 6 is actually quite white lol.

22. ilifecomputer macrumors 6502

My screen is worse but it's still not too noticeable. Similar lack of uniformity but much darker than yours in the darker area.

23. luiss111 macrumors regular

I have a 6 plus. And I also see a slight screen tone problem...

24. accountforit macrumors 6502a

I replaced my initial phone for crooked text on the back. The replacement has bright blotches in three spots and is yellow as hell. Just as you state, you can really notice on white screens. My next replacement is on the way.