iPhone 6 - South Coast Plaza, Costa Mesa, CA

maybeiloveyou

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2006
california
Is anyone going to be at SCP for the launch? I pre-ordered for pickup and am hoping the line isn't going to be too crazy. My logic is that there are 3 other stores in the OC area (if you count Brea), and 2 in the vicinity of South Coast (Irvine, Fashion Island)... so people have options rather than crowding the 1 lone store within a 50 mile radius (like some other cities/states)!

I've never done an in-store pickup so I'm hoping this goes well. :eek:

AceMason

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2009
I'm going! For in-store pick up last year though I didn't have to wait in line at all. All I did was wait for the email saying that I could come in to pick up, drove to SCP, walked right into the store and was helped quickly by an employee who grabbed a phone from the back with my name on it. Very quick. There was a very long line for people who didn't pre-order though.

macrumordude

Suspended
Apr 6, 2014
Huntington Beach, CA
I'll be there too. My contract is up on the 14th, so order on-line [then] is out of the question (that is I'll waiting forever).

QUESTION for those going to the South Coast Plaza:
When will you be in line?
So that I get a head start.:D

maybeiloveyou

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2006
california
I'll be there too. My contract is up on the 14th, so order on-line [then] is out of the question (that is I'll waiting forever).

QUESTION for those going to the South Coast Plaza:
When will you be in line?
So that I get a head start.:D
My contract through AT&T was up on the 14th too but I was able to preorder. I saw on a few threads that they just automatically bumped a few people up? Dunno but I'm not complaining lol.

Well since I have a preorder I am hoping I can do what AceMason said and just show up and walk out. But I'll probably be there around 7-7:30am just in case... :D

macrumordude

Suspended
Apr 6, 2014
Huntington Beach, CA
My contract through AT&T was up on the 14th too but I was able to preorder. I saw on a few threads that they just automatically bumped a few people up? Dunno but I'm not complaining lol.

Well since I have a preorder I am hoping I can do what AceMason said and just show up and walk out. But I'll probably be there around 7-7:30am just in case... :D
Thanks for the info, I'll look into that now. :apple:

macrumordude

Suspended
Apr 6, 2014
Huntington Beach, CA

Thanks again for the info. However,...

I just tried on-line to order every choice of the 6+ I could (different colors, memory sizes), it wouldn't let me choose to pick up at the store; only 3-4 weeks for shipping. :(

So, I guess I still have to wait in line. Unlike you, you're likely to have the option to walk in and pick up.

Any one else going to the South Coast Plaza? And what time? So I can get there before you, hehe. :D

macrumordude

Suspended
Apr 6, 2014
Huntington Beach, CA
South Coast Plaza SECURITY WON'T LET...

For those who are going to the SCP Apple Store, please confirm if you know. So I dug into the old meetup threads from 2010. From what people were saying, the security wouldn't let people lineup until 5 am. Can anyone confirm this?

I just don't want to be there too early and end up wonder around elsewhere. :) Thanks.

maybeiloveyou

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2006
california
Thanks again for the info. However,...

I just tried on-line to order every choice of the 6+ I could (different colors, memory sizes), it wouldn't let me choose to pick up at the store; only 3-4 weeks for shipping. :(

So, I guess I still have to wait in line. Unlike you, you're likely to have the option to walk in and pick up.

Any one else going to the South Coast Plaza? And what time? So I can get there before you, hehe. :D
Yeah I think the in store pickup is all sold out. They only have a certain # of phones for it. I think if you got to the store at 5am you would be okay. Ironically I used to work at SCP in 2012 when the 5 came out, but I have no recollection of how it was on launch day.

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
Heading to SCP on fri to pick up something and will try the Apple store. This store always seem to have less of a crowd compared to Brea. Good luck to all.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
For those who are going to the SCP Apple Store, please confirm if you know. So I dug into the old meetup threads from 2010. From what people were saying, the security wouldn't let people lineup until 5 am. Can anyone confirm this?

I just don't want to be there too early and end up wonder around elsewhere. :) Thanks.
i waited in line at brea last year. the same 5a policy was stated, but so many people showed up, they couldn't help but to let people start lining up around 3-330a. i don't know what i'm going to do this year.

:edit:
i looked at the old thread from last year. the time might have been closer to 4-430a.

Last edited:

macrumordude

Suspended
Apr 6, 2014
Huntington Beach, CA
i waited in line at brea last year. the same 5a policy was stated, but so many people showed up, they couldn't help but to let people start lining up around 3-330a. i don't know what i'm going to do this year.
Okay, I will try around 3 am, what's 2 hrs? :D It's for an :apple: iPhone!!

Hope I have everything prepared...breakfast, comfy clothing & coffee.

Thanks. :rolleyes::)

Brien

macrumors 68030
Aug 11, 2008
I ran into the security issues at Brea and the Spectrum, I imagine South Coast is the same.

maybeiloveyou

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2006
california
my aunt works in SCP and she said the line will start at 3PM on THURSDAY :)
Jeeeez!!!

Just got my pickup email today. I should be at the Apple store tomorrow morning around 8 or 830am, someone shout out something about macrumors and I'll say hi, haha.

Cherwonek

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
Any idea where the line is going to start?
Hey, I was just at SCP and they told me the front of the line will be next to the Pacific Whey coffe place at 3pm. today, but I have not seen anybody as of 20 minutes ago. I should be there around midnight, I'll be wearing camo shorts, come say Hi :)

maybeiloveyou

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2006
california
Hey, I was just at SCP and they told me the front of the line will be next to the Pacific Whey coffe place at 3pm. today, but I have not seen anybody as of 20 minutes ago. I should be there around midnight, I'll be wearing camo shorts, come say Hi :)
Why is the line next to Pacific Whey and not the Apple store??