iPhone 6 Speaker Cleaning

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Rossagues, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Rossagues, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015

Rossagues macrumors regular

Rossagues

I have recently picked my iPhone 6 Plus up from the Apple store after having a repair for the speaker.

They told me they have not fixed the speaker because it's due to my speakers being slightly dirty. Despite it being seen by a Apple mechanic in the official Apple store they refuse to clean the speaker.

The iPhone is in warranty but they told me that I cannot have the speaker fixed without paying for a whole new phone.

Are there any tips or tricks to cleaning the speakers without damaging the phone?

Thanks,

Ross

2. wongster macrumors regular

what is wrong with the speaker? first i heard that you got turned away because of a dirty speaker. i got my speaker replaced when i had my iPhone 5 and i dropped it in ketchup. apple replaced the speaker and it still wasn't functioning due to it being softer than normal so they gave me a refurb. if that store won't do anything for you, maybe try another store.

3. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

Maybe the grills are muddied up with dirt?

Occasionally I take a little pin/needle and very carefully remove lint and such from the headphone port, lightning port, and less commonly, the speaker grill. Extra emphasis on very careful. You'd be surprised how much crap goes up there.

With the grills though you have to be careful with your cleaning method. You want to make sure you don't accidentally force dirt into the holes as opposed to out of the grill area.