iPhone 6 St.Louis West County

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Apple163, Sep 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apple163 macrumors member

Anyone thinking about lining up at West County Mall for the iPhone 6/6+? In the past it has been a good time. It is a smaller store compared to Galleria but it is still a wonderful place with some great Apple employees.

2. slpslee1 macrumors member

I'm thinking about it, but the parking lots being all torn up make me think twice. The Galleria is so big, I'm perpetually lost when I get there. I'm considering right now. You can still get some of the phones online, so I might go that route.

3. KisakiSama macrumors member

KisakiSama

I'm planning on going to West County. I thought about the Galleria, but I live in Manchester so it's just so much more convenient for me. If the lots are torn up that might deter people from going, hence a better chance for those who are :p

Anyone know if their in-store trade-in offers match what's on the site?

4. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Just wanted to say good luck to everyone, as a former Manchester resident myself. :)

5. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Nope. Ordered online even though I live 5 minutes from West County. Seems a lot easier than standing in line and not being guaranteed jack when it's your turn.

6. BeOurGuestMike macrumors newbie

I'm in Florissant and might head out there if my order that I think went through this morning doesn't pan out. (Everything looks perfect on the app for a 9/19 delivery, but my email is no longer the same that is associated with my AppleID, so I didn't get a confirmation email!)

I do, however, have an order number and charge to my credit card.

I waited at this store for my 3G!

7. TheAppleGeek macrumors 6502a

TheAppleGeek

Wish I were in town for this! Have fun everyone.

8. KisakiSama, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2014

KisakiSama macrumors member

KisakiSama

Anyone know what time the mall opens? In the past, I think I remember reading 5 or 5:30, but both times I went I arrived after 6. Wondering when everyone plans on showing up.

[edit] I was at the mall today anyway so I stopped in Apple. They said the mall opens at 5 for mall walkers. She told me that last year, people were lined up outside the entrances before the mall opened.

9. slpslee1 macrumors member

The guard told me the doors open at 6 the other day, but I walk every morning. I'll ask again this week. I usually walk at 6:30, and I know they're open by then. I'm just not too sure about 5. It's pretty dark in there, even at 6:30.

10. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Have fun, good luck. The parking garage by the JCP entrance is closed so parking is at a premium. Had to run up there today and it took me forever to find a place to park. Ended up grabbing the first spot I found in BFE north of the Macy's entrance. Hopefully they're not busy earlier in the morning.

11. slpslee1 macrumors member

I honestly don't think they're opening at 5 any more. I usually walk outside in the summertime, so last week was the first week I was back at the mall since early spring. There was NOBODY walking at 6:30--that's why I stopped the guard. I thought with the parking renovations going on, maybe they were closed to mall walkers now. He said, no, but nobody shows up till 7, so they're opening the doors at 6. It seems reasonable because it's quite dim in there. I don't think they're turning on the lights early in the morning any more, and, let's face it, everybody walking in a mall at that time of day is OLD--we don't do dark.

12. KisakiSama macrumors member

KisakiSama

Interesting... I was thinking 6 originally, but the Apple employee I talked to seemed fairly certain. Though, the guards would probably know better.

13. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Any news on this? Are there people already at the mall?

14. wsbsteven macrumors member

They are out of 6 plus at west county and will not give inventory guarentees past the 3/4ths point in the line. They still have 6

15. wsbsteven macrumors member

Finally got my phone around 4:30pm (was there all day). They said there was still some 6+ available and all 6 models when I left.

16. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I preordered online, picked up from UPS and had my phone in hand before noon. I drove past WestCo and had a good laugh at the thought of all the people waiting in line. Hope you all had fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.