iPhone 6+ that I own outright screen shattered. Fix it for $150 or get a new phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lifetimechaldo, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Lifetimechaldo macrumors member

Hello everyone! For the first time in the 5+ years on having a naked iPhone, my screen finally shattered.

I have a 64gb Verizon iPhone 6+ that I own outright. My plan was to wait until the iPhone 8 came out next year, sell my phone for around $250-$300, and use that as the down payment for the iPhone 8.

With a screen replacement costing $150 for a 6+ at the apple store, I am not sure if paying that much to fix such an old phone is worth it. I do have an upgrade, but I really am not very interested in iPhone 7+ at all. It seems pretty much the same as my 6+, which still works very well for me. Can you guys help me with some possible options?

2. ANTAWNM26 macrumors 6502a

ANTAWNM26

Tough call!!!! I would fix it and just hold off. If you can't hold off after fixing it just sell it

3. macTW Suspended

What about fix it, sell new phone? Cheaper than choosing the new phone route outright, yet newer technology through getting the new phone vs the old one. I don't know what 6S' go for, but from the disgruntled macrumors posters, it sounds like it has good demand still.

4. silvetti macrumors 6502a

silvetti

I would fix it.
    Unless you really want that force of nature feature Force Touch :D

I would go that route, fix it and wait for 8. If you buy the 7 now you will regret later because you will lose even more money probably.

5. tubeexperience macrumors 68030

You can get the display assembly for the iPhone 6 Plus from eBay for less than $40.

Follow the guide on iFixit to replace the display assembly.