iPhone 6 Thousand Oaks Launch?

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by jojods, Sep 16, 2014.

1. jojods macrumors regular

Is anyone going? what time are you getting there? Have you ever been before, how many people were there?

2. RyanG macrumors 6502

yeah. 8pm previous night. yeah, bout 350.

3. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

If this is the TO in CA, you are from my home town my friend! I am about as far from there as one can get and still be in the USA now though lol. Good luck!

4. jojods thread starter macrumors regular

How many did they have for the last release? Is it a fun experience, I will be going alone

----------

I'm from Scotland studying out here hehe

5. andrewsims macrumors newbie

I live right around the corner from The Oaks and my pre-order (after ordering on AT&T at 12:15 AM PT) was scheduled to arrive mid October, so I've decided to camp out. Based on what people are saying, I'm probably going to get there around 2 AM. I'm in search of the 6 Plus.

6. Argentine86 macrumors regular

Go TO! haha. I have a pre-order for a 6 Plus 128GB for Oct 1-6 delivery. But I'm leaning towards finding one at the mall in TO and canceling my pre-order to get it sooner. Looks like they will be starting to hand reservations starting at 5am. So might try to get there between 3am and 4am...?? lol

Only time I went to a launch day was here at the TO mall and it was for the first iPad Retina. Got there around 4/5 I think, and had no problem getting one, was like 30th/40th. But this release seems it will be larger.

7. Swerthy macrumors member

While I no longer live in Thousand Oaks, I did camp out for the iPhone 4 and 5. I got there around 3:30am both times and definitely was no where near the front. At least a solid 200+ in front of me.

With so many people wanting the 6+ I have a feeling this will be one of the largest lines to-date and would suggest getting there as early as you can. I know people in the past start lining up around 8-9pm the night before.

People tend to forget how big the Conejo Valley is!

8. andrewsims macrumors newbie

Thanks for the advice! I will use it wisely. I'm already dreading this... but am also excited.

9. frankdogg macrumors 6502

frankdogg

In this crazy heatwave we are experiencing this week, I think camping out at the Oaks Mall should be bearable.

what time do they open the mall doors? and which door gets opened first? I'm assuming they don't let you camp inside of the mall.

10. davefromca macrumors 6502

Good luck everyone, Im a little north in SB and will be waiting at home on Friday.

11. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

12. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

Wow, T.O. on MacRumors?! My neighboring hometown... I went to Agoura High :D

13. jojods thread starter macrumors regular

Still undecided

im still undecided, can someone give me an idea of what to do? :p

14. andrewsims macrumors newbie

Has anyone heard about where the line is supposed to start? I just called and she said she didn't know...

15. jacollins macrumors 6502a

FYI, as of 2pm Pacific time, no line for pickups, roughly 50-80 people in the walk-in line.