IPhone 6: US Official Saturday Info and Game Plan

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by superbad, Sep 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superbad macrumors regular

I know a lot of us weren't so lucky even after lining up for more than 8 hours with the 6+.

Does anyone know what time stores will open? I know The Grove in LA will open at 8am and will have people line up usual.

Let me know what you guys have heard so we can all pool our info together.

Good luck everyone!

2. vishalc macrumors regular

vishalc

You should go on Apple's website and try reserving your phone for in-store pickup. I talked to a representative and she said that at midnight (10 hours ago) the Apple Stores would have increased availability for Pluses because of new shipments.

3. dylanmarsh macrumors newbie

I preordered my 6+ yesterday here in NYC on Saturday around 11am for in store pickup. It was so strange... Just happened to check the Apple Store site a few mins before and none were available for pickup. I was about to just give up and wait the "3-4 weeks" to have it shipped and when I went to add it to my cart now around 11AM, the Upper West Side store had a 64GB Space Grey 6+ available for Pickup Today.

I had read that for the iPhone 6 launch day lines, Apple had a new inventory system that synced with the back of house stock info in real time and it looks like that extends to the website... So maybe as shipments arrive, and someone in the back scans them in the site is updated in real time. Definitely keep checking the site. When I went in there was a line around the block of people waiting 5+ Hours since the AM and I waited barely 15 mins!

4. vishalc macrumors regular

vishalc

100% true! But I talked to Apple yesterday and they said Sunday is the only day they do not get shipments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.