Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SaltedV8

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
USA
Is there somewhere that tells the specs of these two in comparison?

I mean, the actual size of the actual phone, not just the screen.

I have a terrible time visualizing so I want to be an informed buyer and not be disappointed.

If already posted, apologies

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
Unless I'm missing something from that chart, it looks like the differences between both of the new iPhones are:

• Physical dimensions
  • Screen size
  • Screen resolution
  • OIS in the larger model
  • Battery size/battery life
  • Price

I'd also guess the larger iPhone has a slightly higher clocked processor just like the iPad Air vs iPad mini due to more room for heat dissipation. That along with the amount of RAM will be confirmed once someone benchmarks both devices.

Last edited:

funkeruski

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2010
I upgraded to an LG G3 last week. Was really hoping Apple could have crammed the 5.5 inch display into a phone roughly the size of the G3. The 6plus is thinner than the G3, but is longer, wider, and heavier. I may be keeping the G3 after all.

Narien

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2011
You're forgetting it appears like the smaller ip6 have a higher contrast ratio, though I doubt it has ANY practical implication what so ever.

rtr1985

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
I upgraded to an LG G3 last week. Was really hoping Apple could have crammed the 5.5 inch display into a phone roughly the size of the G3. The 6plus is thinner than the G3, but is longer, wider, and heavier. I may be keeping the G3 after all.

May be especially hefty with some kind of case/cover on it--was hoping it would fit in G3 form factor and thinner.

kilcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2011
Looks like it's about 1/4 inch taller than a Note 3, not quite as wide or deep, and just a tad heavier if you want to try one of those at the store.

Which is a bummer because the Note 3 has a 5.7" screen and the 6+ has a 5.5" screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.