iPhone 6: Valley Fair vs. Oakridge (San Jose, CA)

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Anti.Hero, Sep 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anti.Hero macrumors member

Anti.Hero

Still debating on the better option... I'm assuming Valley Fair will have a much larger quantity of devices however, from what I've seen in past years, there are many more people that line up at Valley Fair compared to Oakridge. Also, is it true the earliest people at Valley Fair are able to wait inside the mall rather than being transported outside overnight?

2. khmaikiew macrumors member

I would call Valley Fair and ask how security will handle everything. Since businesses will still be opened, they might have you wait in line outside and its up to security if they want to bring some people inside.

3. imbaqy macrumors newbie

I read the last year Valley Fair meet up thread and seems hundreds of people queued there. Should I try Oakridge or Los Gatos this Fri? May be they are not as crowd as Valley Fair.

4. malreynolds macrumors member

malreynolds

5. khmaikiew macrumors member

6. malreynolds macrumors member

malreynolds

I called the number for the store and they didn't have much info other than that they'd be open at 8am. I wonder what the mall policy will be for the line waiters overnight when the mall is closed.

7. Anti.Hero thread starter macrumors member

Anti.Hero

I was at Oakridge for the iPhone 5 launch. I went there a little before closing the day before and saw 2 people waiting inside by the Apple Store. I returned at about 5AM and wasn't too far back from the start of the line (which was moved outside, probably right before the mall closed). Ended up getting the exact phone I wanted, no problem. This time I'm a little concerned about the supply.

8. imbaqy macrumors newbie

How about local carrier retail score? If you go there at 5am, I guess you can get whatever you want.:rolleyes:

9. khmaikiew macrumors member

If I camped at Valley Fair, I would hope to at least be inside if that's what they've done in the past.

Does anyone know if lines started inside the mall or is there going to be some other spot?

I can't imagine doing Oakridge..

10. mak0t0 macrumors newbie

Any advice for bathroom break at valley fair?

11. Kidd Taco macrumors newbie

If I remember correctly (from iPhone 5 launch) the town of Los Gatos doesn't not let anyone camp out in front of the Apple Store. They let you start forming the line at 7am, right before the Store Opens. I will be there tomorrow and can ask for details if any of you want to get your phones there.

12. mnpeep macrumors member

Would also like to know for both Valley Fair and Oakridge... I don't want to pee into a bottle, buuuuuut if I have to, then I have to.

13. malreynolds macrumors member

malreynolds

Probably make friends with people in line so that you can take breaks :)

14. mnpeep macrumors member

mak0t0, what time are you planning on coming to Valley Fair? Maybe we can become friends for a brief 24 hours or so? :D

15. mak0t0, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2014

mak0t0 macrumors newbie

Sure, I'm planning to go there 8~9pm or much earlier.

16. mnpeep macrumors member

How much earlier? I'm deciding between coming right as they open tomorrow morning, or sometime around 5:30-6PM, depending on the line. I'm planning on scoping out the place later today to see if there are any campers out there right now.

17. dpnwtx macrumors newbie

Did anybody here preorder for pickup from Valley Fair? Looking to trade my gold 64gb 6+ verizon for a silver one..

18. malreynolds macrumors member

malreynolds

So it sounds like most are going to Valley Fair? What are you guys bringing to pass the time in line?

19. mnpeep macrumors member

Probably a couple of computers, I have an old VAIO with an extended battery BUT a broken screen, so I'll use it for USB charging.

I'll also probably bring an extension cord and a power strip to plug in after the mall closes (don't want anyone tripping, now do we?)

Lastly, Chess, a Poker set, and maybe Scrabble.

What time are you planning to get there?

20. malreynolds macrumors member

malreynolds

Not sure, probably going to scope out the line length at various times on Thursday and make a call. I'm also not 100% settled on where to line up yet.

21. mnpeep, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2014

mnpeep macrumors member

I just went by the VF Apple Store and checked out if there were any campers; there were none.

I then went to guest relations and they told me that we can start lining up at 9PM. I doubt that's when people will start to line up though.

EDIT: Woz will not be picking up an iPhone at any Apple store this launch.

22. Anti.Hero thread starter macrumors member

Anti.Hero

Valley Fair is allowing people to line up and stay inside?

23. mnpeep macrumors member

After 9PM, yes.

24. malreynolds macrumors member

malreynolds

25. khmaikiew macrumors member

I see this year being the same. Most likely the earliest will be as soon as they open. GOOD LUCK GUYS. TOMORROW IS UPON US.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.