iPhone 6 Westfield Century City, CA

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by DorianElgrichi, Sep 17, 2014.

1. DorianElgrichi macrumors newbie

Anyone going to this location for the iPhone 6?
    Any advice on this location??

2. stephehl macrumors newbie

I'm considering either here or grove. Not sure yet. I want the 6+
    Westfield has everyone leave their property with security standing around at night, no?

3. ziegenbagel macrumors newbie

Details

I just called the store again to get more details. The Mall wont allow a line to form until 5am on the 19th. If anyone knows if we can just start in on the sidewalk until than let me know if anyone plans to, since I was originally planning to get in line after work.

4. ziegenbagel macrumors newbie

Additionally

The line will be forming in mall from the Santa Monica Blvd side. They have said Security at mall wont allow line until 5am but I tried to clarify if we could start on the Street for Santa Monica Blvd a line and they weren't sure so, if anyone wants to join me probably will start one at street by the Santa Monica Mall Entrance and than move it inside at 5am when Security allows it.

5. SBRtakeover macrumors newbie

when are you guys planning to start the "unofficial" line? I plan to go there around 7pm to see how long the lines are, if any.

6. ziegenbagel macrumors newbie

As I was saying in my last post, I plan to be there around 6pm to start line on Santa Monica Blvd Sidewalk side since we wont be allowed to start official line inside until 5am, so we can have the line just move in at 5am when Security allows us. Hope to see more of you there this evening. P.S. Names Chris for anyone who gets there.

7. ziegenbagel macrumors newbie

Unless I find people have already started a line before i'm there I plan to go to the Santa Monica side where the Macy's Sign is by the garage entrance where there is a grass area, being there should be well out of the way so security doesn't have a fit. this is the entrance where theres a light for Santa Monica Blvd and Westfield Dr. just to clarify.

----------

They wont let anyone park at mall until their official 5am time for line so if you plan to drive will need to find a safe place to park or do as im doing and ride an Uber there.

8. SBRtakeover macrumors newbie

cool, you planning to park in the garage?

i heard we can use our receipt for the iphone to get parking for free (complementary over $250), we have two people we each getting a phone.

nvm: saw your edit, guess i will try to find parking around the neighborhood.

9. ziegenbagel macrumors newbie

I'm going to call security here in moment to try and ok this location for our temp line location for until 5am

10. ziegenbagel macrumors newbie

UPDATE: Called security, they told me will allow a line at 9pm by lens crafter but said starting a temp line where I have stayed would be fine and can move it to the location at 9pm.

----------

Calling Apple Store to update them on what security told me

11. ziegenbagel macrumors newbie

The Apple Store thanked me for letting them know that Security changed the time to 9pm and to let anyone know we are starting a temp line before 9 on the sidewalk to the left of the Westfield Dr. Parking garage entrence. See you in a few hours!

12. stephehl macrumors newbie

See you guys soon. What are you guys looking for btw... Hopefully I can get the 6+ 64gb space gray

13. ziegenbagel macrumors newbie

I will be getting the same version. I suggest to anyone planning on getting a 6+ to be earlier, especially if you want Space Grey (Black) as that color tends to be the first to sell out historically.

14. ziegenbagel macrumors newbie

Just sure hope im near front of line with all the work ive done thus far to get things in order for those wishing to get into line early :)

15. matthewgoodnigh macrumors newbie

Hey dudes, I'll be showing up here too. Would love to see some updates here for how many people in line after people settle in for the night around 10-11pm. Could you guys keep this feed updated, maybe even have a photo added of the line later tonight?

If so, THANKS!

16. galenmd macrumors regular

I'll be there around 8am for in-store pick-up of my pre-ordered iP6+. Did the line thing last year. Was actually a lot of fun (except I forgot to bring a chair)

I did make a mistake and accidentally bought a case for the 4.7". It's a Spigen NeoHybrid gunmetal case. I may bring it along and sell it at cost to anyone in line who may be interested. $20.

Good luck to all of you. I hope that everybody gets exactly what they want.

17. ziegenbagel, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2014

ziegenbagel macrumors newbie

I totally would if my iphone currently still had service on it. Hopefully one of the other people in here will give updates as we move along. Or I might if there is Wifi access anywhere near by.

----------

I thought about doing pickup, but just too fun to wait in line with all the other excited Apple Fans :) Yeah, I use to wait in line at the Sherman Oaks location and forgot a chair that time, if you are lucky like I was someone may have an extra chair or let you borrow one occasionally to rest your legs and such. I made sure to be prepared this time though :) I have a Otter box Defender on my 5, but with the size of new phones think just going with an apple bumper case and ill get a nice screen protector, I treat my electronics, especially Apple Product, like their my children so I don't need a Defender :p

18. stephehl macrumors newbie

if i'm near the front, i'll let you know. with all the work you did, i'd let you slip in behind me if nobody kills me/you for it. look for stephen.

i have my phone with me along with my external charger ready to go. i'm about to head over soon. hmm... now to find parking.

19. ziegenbagel macrumors newbie

Most people are nice when ever I have gone to these things so I shouldnt have to worry about death lol. Ill be heading over around 5, in tan shorts and a black shirt that has "Joki" on it with the Joker dressed as Loki, lol.

20. philip in al macrumors regular

Do you need to come early or wait in line if you preorder and received a bar code that an employee is supposed to scan once you get to the store? I rad a story that said that there would be two lines, one for preorders and one for people who just show up. Any one know real procedure? Thanks

21. ziegenbagel macrumors newbie

As long as your order confirmation said that you could pick up on the 19th. They get separate shipments for Pre-orders and normal stock.

22. galenmd macrumors regular

Separate lines

23. stephehl macrumors newbie

Circled the mall. Doesn't seem like anyone has formed any line on the outside just yet. No parking whatsoever around here. They're all permit only.

24. stephehl, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2014

stephehl macrumors newbie

Seated out by the garage entrance next to Macy's sign. Right next to the parking gates. Blue cap. Not visible from the street.

25. stephehl macrumors newbie

Line by LensCrafters started already. About 30 people already here.