iPhone 6, Wifi just stops working every day or so. Have to restart.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by miamialley, Oct 17, 2014.

1. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

After having the phone since launch, about a week ago the Wifi just stops working. I turn it off...back on...off...back on, but it doesn't get any Wifi signal. The only thing that works is restarting the phone. It's not my router, because there are about 20 Wifi signals to pick up around my house and it won't get any of them. It does this about daily now.

Any one else with this issue?

I have not reset it. Waiting for 8.1.

Oh, in the screen shot, it just searches for signal forever and never finds any. Like I said, until I just restart.

Attached Files:

2. russell1256 macrumors regular

mine also. If I restart, it works fine for awhile.

3. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1800604

It's common and the issues firmware related.

4. itkindaworks macrumors newbie

I just experienced this, kind of a pain if it will continue.

5. miamialley thread starter macrumors 68030

miamialley

Hopefully 8.1 fixes then.

6. cababah macrumors 68000

I typically have to restart when it happens but sometimes I just leave it in wifi "searching" mode and it will eventually reconnect after a minute or two.

7. flashflooder, Oct 17, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2014

flashflooder macrumors 6502

I have this problem daily on several iPhones. I swear I think sometimes it locks up my router and I can't access WiFi from any other devices.

I think it has to be related to the weird privacy MAC spoofing thing iOS8 does

**** better be fixed in 8.1

8. mdlooker macrumors 65816

mdlooker

I was having other problems with my phone as it was keeping the % on even though I had it turned off. The springboard would just crash and sometimes my screen would rotate but not turn back around once I reoriented the phone.

I let the genius bar do a diagnostic on my phone and turned out I was bringing older corrupted files from my IP5 that had something like 17 issues with a good part of them being considered major. I had to restore as a new device and start from scratch. So I lost my phone call-related logs and messages.

So you may need to just take it to Apple or even do a chat session and see if anything comes up to possibly take away frustration.

9. cababah macrumors 68000

This is a widespread issue. Fairly certain 8.1 will address it with all these crash logs going to Apple. I don't think it has anything to do with corrupt backup files as we are not getting major springboard crashes.

10. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Ya, 8.1 betas have supposedly fixed the issue. Which is good, cause this build has caused a HUGE build up of crash logs for my iPhone 6+ on 8.0.2

11. miamialley thread starter macrumors 68030

miamialley

Really pissing me off. Now Wifi won't stay on any network for more than 2 seconds without disconnecting.

12. pdxmatts macrumors 68000

pdxmatts

Did you try resetting network settings? After resetting, I rebooted my phone. It fixed my wifi issues. Just a thought

13. barondebxl macrumors 6502

barondebxl

Me too, it's definitely an issue.

14. DynaFXD macrumors 6502a

DynaFXD

Not to hijack, but I have an iPad Air and iP6, side by side, and the personal hotspot is s___ (not good). Wifi not seen, no connection, you name it. Both have 8.0.2 and I have reset the network settings on both more often than I care to recall. It finally got going by chance and I am going to wait for 8.1 before I do serious trouble shooting. To bring it around, based on this experience, I don't think your suggestion will help the OP. The network subsystem just seems borked at this point.

15. pdxmatts macrumors 68000

pdxmatts

Since it worked for me, I offered the suggestion. Sorry it didn't work for you :(

16. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

I've been on 8.1 betas for a couple of weeks and have had no WiFi dropping at all. Before, it dropped daily.

17. miamialley thread starter macrumors 68030

miamialley

I'm going to wait for 8.1 and see what happens. I hate having to troubleshoot this junk. Thanks for the feedback guys.

18. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

mine has done this more than a few times

19. BigHonkingDeal macrumors 6502a

BigHonkingDeal

8.1 beta did not solve my WIFI problems.... I hope the final will do that today.

20. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

You know what? I have to clarify my statement. My iPhone 6+ was dropping WiFi daily when I got it, on 8.0 and 8.0.2. A week or so later I made an appointment with the Genius Bar, after chatting with an Apple Online Tech, and ended up swapping the phone out. The Genius tech said my WiFi care was working (according to his test), and told me I should have thought to reset my modem. Just swap the phone out, please. I got home and installed the 8.1 Beta.

So, I'm not positive it was the 8.0.2 or a faulty phone.

However, I was having the same WiFi problem with my iPad Air on 8.0 and 8.0.2. Since I installed the 8.1 beta, there've been no WiFi problems.

I hope 8.1 fixes everyone's WiFi issues because we're kind of used to being tethered to the 'net 24/7 these days and it's a PITA when we're not.

21. LostMyiPhone macrumors 6502