iPhone 6 with 5-inch 1080p HD display reportedly launching next year

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vmaniqui, Oct 29, 2013.

1. vmaniqui, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013

vmaniqui macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

now it's 5 inch screen for iPhone. saw this ARTICLE . wishful thinking or it's really coming next year ?

2. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

Anything kind of design change will be worth holding out past the 5S for. 1080p screen is very-likely.

3. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

I am currently counting hours, days, months until I can buy 1! So far I'm happy with the gold 5s :D

4. vmaniqui thread starter macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

I only hope (all fingers crossed) that when they do released this 6 their supply chain issues are fixed. otherwise count months before we can get ahold of one after the release date. but at the rate Apple is doing, NAHHH it will still be the same SUPPLY issue. no pre-sale, hours in line and nothing to get when it's your turn, waiting for the 12midnight for Apple.com, and waiting for months and months......waiting for UPS, FEDEX to knock on your door with the IPHONE package.....

FWIW: i was at an ATT store earlier today and got the chance to play with their Samsung Note 2 and Samsung S4 as i was waiting for someone to help me and i was amazed at their samsung phones....not bad at all. hmmmm maybe this is a possibility instead of waiting for months... i have been an iPhone person since their iPhone 3G but if they continue this supply issue i might (MIGHT) jump ship (ha ha ha).

5. DanTSX macrumors regular

6. pikachu2k7 macrumors regular

7. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

That rendering is just ugly.
    I think Apple won't make such a jump just yet.

8. BSDanalyst macrumors regular

9. DiscardedPacket macrumors member

love it how all the renderings show the screen right against the side with 0 bezel. Unlikely to happen.

What is likely is the iPhone 6 having the option of a bigger display, I think they will still have the existing 4 inch screen available.

Given the popularity the 6 will have... assuming a mid-year launch, I would give it till the end of the year before the average joe can get his hands on one :p

10. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

5 inches is too big. The highest id go is 4.5".

11. ABC5S macrumors 68040

Just another rumor. That's it. Wait until next year around July/Aug time frame to see more possible rumored iPhone 6. Not today.

12. stuffradio macrumors 65816

Yes,
    I will be getting the iPhone 6 most likely from my iPhone 4, unless Windows Phone blows me away.

13. thecurryman macrumors 6502

Bout damn time. Lol.

I think all those people saying "no I'll never get one, that's too big!!!1!" Are going to be the first people in line to buy one

14. vmaniqui thread starter macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

yes. i bet too. this is the same reason apple is losing ground with samsung. if report is to be believed, samsung shipped about 80mil phones compare to 32mil for apple. my reasoning is because there's so many choices for samsung phones.

15. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

16. paulbennett95 macrumors 6502a

paulbennett95

I believe they'll launch a larger screen, but not 1080p.
    Doesn't fit with iOS's scaling, they'd have to double the current screen res.

17. eye.surgeon macrumors 6502

That's what she said.

18. Xenomorph macrumors 65816

Xenomorph

Even 4.5" is probably too big. My Galaxy S II (T989) is 4.5", and I drop that thing so much trying to use it with one hand.

You're going to run into issues with a screen larger than 4.3"...

19. javisan macrumors regular

20. nabwong macrumors regular

I bought the iPhone 5 with the prediction of a 5s and then a bigger screen 6. I think it's exactly as I'm predicting. Think about it. Apple has managed to lighten the ipad and still retain batt life. The iPhone 6 will have a bigger screen and still get the same ppi and batt life. I've been so jealous of the samsung s3 & s4. Definitely getting this!

21. Krabba macrumors regular

Krabba

Interesting. This will be more interesting next summer as the temperature and rumors increase. I'm very pleased with the 4" screen of my 5s but I would definitely consider replacing it with a 4.5" or 5" screen.

22. dfwtbear macrumors newbie

23. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

I had the S4.. its an amazing phone. Why did I trade it back to Apple? 1. Im an idiot. 2. I didnt take the time to look for apps that would sync with my Mac.

24. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I find these renderings to be annoying. Why would anyone WANT the screen to go all the way over to the edge? It's nigh impossible to make a case that would work with it and while not everyone uses a case, plenty of people do.

It's also kind of ugly. LOL.