iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by calvinspif, Dec 31, 2011.

1. calvinspif macrumors newbie

I don't understand why everyone keeps saying that the next iPhone is going to be called iPhone 5. This will be the 6th iPhone to be released. If anything it will be called iPhone 6. iPhone 4S is the 5th.

2. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Mmm that's what I think, but then there would never had been an iPhone with a 5 in it's name. May confuse people.

3. kolax macrumors G3

iPhone 5 will be the name. The name doesn't have to have anything to do with the number of iterations.

Reminds me of the people who thought the world would stop spinning when Apple released OS X 10.4.10.. ohh, it doesn't follow numerical laws! Such laws where there's two decimal points..

4. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

It will probably be called the iPhone 4GS, or Maybe the iPhone 4R, or even iPhone X

5. calvinspif thread starter macrumors newbie

That's what I'm thinking. It' won't get 5 or 6 but will get a whole new name. I think this iPhone will be a whole new iPhone with a unique name.

6. kolax macrumors G3

With a unique name? Please, do enlighten me to what a unique name would be, considering you keep calling it an iPhone..

7. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

8. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Lucky thing this has never been discussed before, otherwise it might indicate that a Search wasn't done.

And that would mean that this thread is totally redundant.

Redundant, as in the-designation-of the-next-iteration-of-the-iPhone-has-been-discussed-on-a-dozen-other-threads.

But, luckily, this has never been discussed before.:rolleyes:

9. iamartimus macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'm thinking " iPhone V" :)

10. calvinspif thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't know what the next iPhone will look like. Nor do I know its new features. Based on the features and design I'm sure the name will be inspired by those. I doubt it will be iPhone 5. I'm pretty confident on that

11. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

it Won't be iPhone anymore. They're going to discontinue the iPhone line entirely and come out with a new product. the iFone. Notice the "F"

12. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Fresh topic this is...

13. calvinspif thread starter macrumors newbie

It will still have the name iPhone. But 5 no I doubt that. I think that part will be unique

14. salacious macrumors 6502a

i would hurl abuse at you and get banned but i still have purposes in this forum, let me put it this way for you, the PHONE currently out is the IPHONE 4S - note that this is what it is called and not an indication that this is the 4th iphone, its not called iphone fours either its the iphone 4s, logic tells us that the next iphone will be called IPHONE 5, this is not an indication that this is the 5th iphone model, but 5th is its name in its series, for example the nokia N95 isnt the 95th nokia made but its labeled that in its series.

are we getting somewhere now?

and by your unintelligent assumption of it being called the iphone 6, could you imagine the look on the worlds face when people go...."uhhh dude where did the iphone 5 and iphone 5s go?" theyl either rename the phone or they carry on the trait...

now please use some common sense..

15. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

16. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

What a dumb comment.

17. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

They can call it iPhone peanut butter for all I care. What does the name really matter?

18. calvinspif thread starter macrumors newbie

What you said made you reasonable sense. Nice try though

19. salacious macrumors 6502a

this..

----------

sorry at what point did you stop understanding simple logic? dont get all macho about it.. jheeze

20. calvinspif thread starter macrumors newbie

I agree it's really not that big of a deal. What I don't understand is why everyone is so set on thinking it's gonna be called iPhone 5. And when I mention that it might not be called iPhone 5 people fly off the handle. If it is then fine. Either way I'm gonna get it.

21. salacious macrumors 6502a

to your last comment to the peanut butter iphone,

people fly off the handle because you stated and i re-quote "if anything it will be called the iphone 6"

some people just get irritated by stupidity

maybe thats why people give it to you either way...

22. kolax macrumors G3

Few reasons:

- iPhone 4S does not have any number 5 in it, or indicate it in any way.
    - iPhone 6 would completely miss the iPhone 5 naming out, confusing consumers who may think an iPhone 5 exists as a less/cheaper iPhone 6.
    - iPhone 5 has a lot of hype behind the name.

What will your next thread be? Why the iPad 3 won't be called the iPad 3 but the iPad Retina Display RX7000?

23. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

It's amazing people are still trying to have this conversation. No one knows what the name will really be, but logically speaking, it makes no sense to "skip" the iPhone 5 moniker, and jump to calling it an iPhone 6. Like others have mentioned, this would confuse those who don't follow Apple's production names (read: most users). People would ask "Wait, when did they release the iPhone 5?"

This isn't Final Fantasy, guys.

24. calvinspif thread starter macrumors newbie

Lets look at the logic. the past 5 iphones have been called either by their feature, speed, or by the number it was released. that's all we have to go on. Anything else is just speculation and rumor.

1- iPhone

2- iPhone 3G (because of the 3G feature)

3 - iPhone 3GS (Same design but it was faster and a few added features.)

4 - iPhone 4 (completely new everything)

5 - iPhone 4S (same design but faster and few added features)

6 - ? (logically from the history of last time after the 3GS they called it the 4 why wouldn't they call this one 6?)

25. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Because 5 comes after 4 not 6?