iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kram1975, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Kram1975 macrumors member

Countdown until I replace my iPhone 4s to a iPhone 6 begins now.

365ish days. Bigger screen and bigger or better battery is all I want. But I decided not to jump to the Note 3. I just don't care about all those features they offer. I want iOS but a bigger screen and battery. iPhone 6 will deliver both I'm almost certain of it.

2. skywalkerr69 macrumors 6502a

skywalkerr69

3. Kram1975 thread starter macrumors member

excited for iOS however

I remember downloading the iOS6 on my iPhone the day it came out. Maybe it was even the hour it came out and it took FOREVER. Wonder what the lost productivity will be from iOS 7 downloads on the 18th will be for the world. Off the charts!!

4. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I with you guys. I'm holding off for the 6 and keeping my 4S.

My parents are however upgrading from a 4 to a 5S.

What's this thing I'm hearing about no unlocked iPhones 5S', besides the one from T-Mobile, is this true? Is the Apple Store only selling unlocked T-Mobile iPhones?

5. Kram1975 thread starter macrumors member

I think the iPhone 6 will really be the biggest, best, and most indemand iPhone ever and I want to have my subsidy ready to use. I think the iPhone 5s looks great for people who game, or take pictures, or can't stand typing passwords. I'm just none of those. I want a battery that will last when I walk out my door at 9am for SXSW and don't return until 2am. Since I'm 6'5" I wouldn't mind a larger screen bc trust me I can still use it with one hand.

If iPhone could make a phone that lasts 20 hours with heavy use I'd seriously camp out like other people do for one. Is it sooooo much to ask?

6. terzinator macrumors 6502

I got the 4S at subsidy time two years ago, and now that my contract is up, and I can get an upgrade, I'll probably get the 5S.

I was fine with the 4S when the 5 came out a year later, and the 4S still works great now.

I presume I'd be fine with the 5S when the 6 comes out.

If I simply must have the 6, well, then I'll worry about that in September 2014.

7. Kram1975 thread starter macrumors member

This was exactly my dilemma and I even considered a Note 3. But at the end of the day I wanted a better battery and screen size. The other stuff is nice but no needed for me and not having them will not bother me. If your needs are different than mine of course go for it. I will be anxious as hell for the 6 however bc I'm certainly itching for a change. I hope the new iOS will satisfy me enough to make it feel new for a year.

Enjoy I'll still have phone envy of the 5S for sure. But I want the subsidy available for the 6

8. stuffradio macrumors 65816

9. eoblaed macrumors 68000

eoblaed

10. KieranDotW macrumors 6502a

Agreed, since Canada has 3 year contracts this will be my first chance to upgrade without paying an exuberant fee. It's really mind boggling wrapping my head around the fact that the next iPhone will also be my next iPhone.

11. stuffradio macrumors 65816

Are you on Fido like me? Did you get the 1 year contract stacking too?

12. KieranDotW macrumors 6502a

Sorry guess I wasn't very clear, I got the 4S day one on a three-year with Rogers so the 6 will be my first chance to upgrade next year, which is both exciting and mind-boggling. :p

13. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

14. newmacuser14 macrumors member

Same here! Still have the 4S, but I am not buying the 5S. I will def be holding out for the next upgrade.

15. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

waiting for the 7, heard it will be magical and the best iphone ever made

16. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

Canada doesn't have 3 year contracts anymore, they're 2 year now.

17. guyjol macrumors member

It has only been a few weeks that this exists so for people that purchased the 4s or 5 on release day are stuck on a 3 year contract

18. Kram1975 thread starter macrumors member

I appreciate sarcasm, and there's an abundance on tech blogs, however I hate to tell you, I didn't see many feature polls where "Fingerprint ID Check" registered many votes for what people were looking for, or "Slo motion video" for that matter. the new iOS is nice but we all get that. The rest of the stuff, faster, so on, is great if you need that. Most people use it as a phone. A point and shoot device, and don't need a ton of photo features. Nice to have but we were looking for a larger screen and larger battery. Since Apple failed to deliver the top desired upgrades we're making an assumption that maybe next year it will happen. Thus we are waiting and excited for the iPhone 6 (Assuming we are correct on the battery and screen size, which I would bet money we are).

I'm not making fun of people getting the new phone. It's cool and awesome but just not enough for me to use up my subsidy on it. See ya next year and I promise you there will be people who don't care or want a larger screen or battery who will pass on the 6. And that's fine for them.

19. kmoreau48 macrumors member

kmoreau48

Did you hear about the new 2 years contract rule coming to canada on december 2nd 2013?

Here's the link
    http://business.financialpost.com/2013/06/03/crtc-wireless-code-canada/?__lsa=1f63-9ac3

And you can already see the new contract on the telus website are now two years contract as you can see when you are selecting a phone here:
    http://mobility.telus.com/en/QC/smartphones/index.shtml?INTCMP=PhonesILCC4smartphones

unfortunately the monthly price will go up (I think it already did) because the cheapest plan I could get with the iPhone 5 was $70 while ordering on the website

20. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Could you imagine if Apple kept the same screen size on the 6. Or even better, kept the same design as the 5S, but upgraded the screen size, rhetorically, which is worst?

21. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

I'm thinking about squeezing another year out of my 4s. I hope ios7 makes it feel like a new phone

22. Zellio macrumors 65816

Zellio

This time, maybe they'll put the headphone jack on the top again! :eek:

I know, that way you know it's the iphone 6! :eek:

23. stuffradio macrumors 65816

Every carrier already switched to two year contracts, and increased monthly price plans to screw the customers.

24. JodyK macrumors 6502a

JodyK

5S announced today ... Really!!??!! A thread titled iPhone 6? Ridiculous!

25. benji888 macrumors 68000

benji888

Same here, but, I like my 4" screen and phone size. (my iPhone 5 is like a new phone with iOS 7, happy with it still.). I'm holding out for NFC, which I think will be integrated w/Touch ID in iPhone 6 (patent leak http://www.macrumors.com/2013/09/07...ngerprint-scanner-and-nfc-circuitry-surfaces/).

I'm guessing iPhone 6 will come in two sizes: 4" & 4.8"-thinner model, longer battery life.

I just don't think they will make only a larger phone, but limited quantities as it won't sell as much as the 4". I'm pretty I sure don't want it, I like being able to one-hand my iPhone, any bigger and it would either be awkward or not possible/dropping it. So I'm thinking they might make it same specs, two sizes, but the bigger one will be the thinnest smart phone over 4".