iPhone iPhone 6s 16GB Silver Overheating

Th3odor3

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2018
Santa Clarita, CA, US
Hi I just replaced my iPhone 6s battery at BestBuy for $49.99 battery replacement fee. But yesterday my iPhone battery overheated. Should I use low data mode and low power mode when its in heat or direct sunlight. Would these type of settings help reduce overheating problems?

2Xtreme21

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2013
Go back to Best Buy and address it with the people who replaced your battery. That is not normal behavior.

younker

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2006
If you upgraded to beta 3, that maybe the bug of the new beta. As I got the same issue with my 6S plus 64G model while it didn't exist when in beta 2.

Reactions: Th3odor3

bransoj

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2013
I've got the latest public beta on my 6S and i've noticed it getting warm mainly when i'm using plugged into CarPlay in my car. Definitely gets a lot warmer than it did previously with regard to using it for GPS with Apple Maps and things. General usage it doesnt seem to be that bad.

Reactions: Th3odor3

younker

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2006
I've got the latest public beta on my 6S and i've noticed it getting warm mainly when i'm using plugged into CarPlay in my car. Definitely gets a lot warmer than it did previously with regard to using it for GPS with Apple Maps and things. General usage it doesnt seem to be that bad.
Mine is very hot which is kind of dangerous for me. I have to stop using it until next beta.

Th3odor3

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2018
Santa Clarita, CA, US
I have had Boost Mobile 6 months now already I think I want to upgrade my phone. I want a iPhone XR or iPhone XS but I might have to get one on financial plan. My iPhone 6s is working properly now it has only show overheating warning once since battery replacement.

dondrapersf

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2019
Hi I just replaced my iPhone 6s battery at BestBuy for $49.99 battery replacement fee. But yesterday my iPhone battery overheated. Should I use low data mode and low power mode when its in heat or direct sunlight. Would these type of settings help reduce overheating problems?
its mostly a battery issue.