Iphone 6s plus charges much faster and ok with Ipad air 2 charger?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by j2ee, Oct 7, 2015.

1. j2ee Suspended

j2ee

I google and Iphone 6/6 plus works well with Ipad charger, but not sure if 6s/6s plus works well with air 2 charger.

Another question is that what is the maximum charging power for iphone 6s plus? The default one out of the box is just 1A which is definitely much lower then the potential maximum.

2. 321estrellas macrumors 6502

321estrellas

A lot of people here use the iPad charger to charge their phone - regardless of the model of the phone and iPad (as long as the connection is the same: 30 pin or lightning) and yes it does charge it faster. It's totally safe too.

3. j2ee thread starter Suspended

j2ee

I see. Are there even much faster charger out there in market!?

4. phillytim macrumors 6502a

phillytim

Yeah ever since the 6 line came out last year, the phones do take advantage of the extra charging power of the iPad chargers.

Maximum charging power should be the 2.1A (or is it 2.4A) of an iPad.

I forget whether there was an agreement whether the faster charging power caused a reduction in actual battery life. It's probably still too soon to say, from the 6 series last year.

5. 321estrellas macrumors 6502

321estrellas

Doubt it, I think iPhones will probably only take the 2.1A (or whatever the iPad charger is) max, otherwise it would overheat. You might even experience that the phone gets a bit warmer when charging with the iPad charger, but nothing alarming.

My wife did say that she felt that whenever she charged her iPhone 5 with the iPad charger, her battery would drain faster too. I didn't test this enough to confirm this case, and she could very well just used the phone more that day...

6. j2ee thread starter Suspended

j2ee

I think even if the battery wear off faster with 2.1A, pretty sure it would take months to see the effect, but not direct immediate effect right after charging with 2.1A once.