Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djinn

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
So I had to get my iPhone 6s replaced because of a faulty battery. I purchased the phone through the Apple Upgrade program. The weird thing is, they had to do the qualification process again and looks like I have another $87 dollar charge on my credit card.

I am curious if anyone has gone through the replacement process yet. And if this is normal. Seems a little odd that I have to spend another $87 bucks after I just paid it for last week.

Christian 5G

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2010
Orange County, CA
So I had to get my iPhone 6s replaced because of a faulty battery. I purchased the phone through the Apple Upgrade program. The weird thing is, they had to do the qualification process again and looks like I have another $87 dollar charge on my credit card.

I am curious if anyone has gone through the replacement process yet. And if this is normal. Seems a little odd that I have to spend another $87 bucks after I just paid it for last week.
What exactly happened with your battery?

Mine for some reason burns through batter after reaching 20%. I'm talking about 5% per 5 minutes. And this issue is on both iPhone 6s which puts me in a confusion.

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
I have excellent battery life. Haven't charged my phone since yesterday still going strong :D

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    273.7 KB · Views: 130

rigormortis

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
was the $87 an actual charge, or was it just a temporary authorization? they should of emailed you a receipt. maybe it was just a temporary authorization hold and it will just fall off your credit card in a week. i can see them wanting to place a hold for 5 days in case somethings wrong with the repair, you know , like if you failed to return the item

I'm worried they charged you $79 plus tax for the battery

get that receipt and do a charge back, if necessary

Vundu

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
What exactly happened with your battery?

Mine for some reason burns through batter after reaching 20%. I'm talking about 5% per 5 minutes. And this issue is on both iPhone 6s which puts me in a confusion.

That seems normal for every iPhone I have owned.

djinn

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
The battery would start dropping a % every 10 - 15 mins from a full charge. My first thought was because of a restore I did from my iPhone 6 so I setup as new. Did the same exact thing. I also thought it was my Apple Watch. So I disabled BT and ran some more tests. Same experience. I ran the battery down and did a full charge like the old days but that didn't resolve the problem. That is when I decided to go to the Apple store.

When I arrived at the Apple store I explained my problem with my IP6s. They were super nice and said they were going to exchange it. I didn't think to ask about the original $87 initial charge. I did see the $109 that was charged and credited back within that day. I figured I would give Citizens One a call today and see what they have to say.

I will do a followup reply with my conversation with Citizens and let everyone know what is going on. In case they travel down this road.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.