Iphone 6s smudgy "watercolor" photos

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by twinskates, Feb 28, 2016.

1. twinskates macrumors newbie

Hi, I have an Iphone 5 and want to buy a new one. Some days ago I was at the Apple store and I was testing the cameras of the Iphone 5s and 6s. Iphone 5s was better for sure. While zooming the photos took with the 6s I noticed that on the background there was a big loss of details due to the new "noise reduction" function introduced by Apple in the new 6 generation phones. I think that the 6s without this noise reduction feature would be awesome, so someone know a way to avoid this? What about using an app like Camera + or something like that?

2. kaielement macrumors 65816

Zoom on cell phones suck. You really should not use it at all cost. Take the pic then crop is a better option. Or just get closer to whatever it is you are trying to take a pic of. Personally I have owned every iPhone since the 5 and I think the 6s by far has the best camera to date.

3. twinskates thread starter macrumors newbie

Ya I know but I wasn't zooming while taking the photo. I took the photo then I zoomed on the background for see what was happening on the details cause the photo was sort of smudge. And I notice it in a lot of photos took with Iphone 6 or 6s. The fact is that noise reduction is too strong and it ruins details and making the photo's grain really unnaturaly. Can you make a comparison test with the default cam of the Iphone 6-6s and an app like Camera + or like Vsco cam?

4. Quicklite macrumors regular

Maybe look into a clip on lens / DXO One if you want better quality?

5. twinskates thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't want a better quality. I only don't want that hard noise reduction that makes photos horrible. Camera + or a similar app will avoid this or not? Can someone do a comparison test?

6. deadsoul macrumors regular

7. twinskates thread starter macrumors newbie

So no solution? So bad that I really like the definition of the videos in the iphone 6s, 4k scaled to 1080 is awesome. An iphone 6s without the noise reduction would be awesome..

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

Some reports that the camera seems to be better in that respect in iOS 9.3.

9. Aditya_S macrumors 6502

Apparently iOS 9.3 has fixed some of the noise reduction issues and some people on this forum are saying their photos look better as a result.

10. predation macrumors 6502a

Link? I'm curious.

11. C DM macrumors Westmere