iPhone 6s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by imagineadam, Oct 4, 2014.

1. imagineadam macrumors 65816

I know it's maybe a bit early but I'm already thinking about the 2015 iphone. I have a iPhone 5 right now and I could update this year but I'm just not that blown away with the 6. Sure I'd love a bigger screen, Touch ID, M8 and a little faster processor but it's just not that exciting to me.

My 5 still works good and I love how it looks. The 6's antenna lines really make me cringe. Do you think the 6S could have black antenna band lines? (Or look much different at all?) I think that would look better than the matching looking ones. How about that A9 processor? Going from a A6 to a A9 would probably be insanely amazing! How about a higher PPI on the screen? Maybe sapphire glass? What other features will they pack in the 6S? What are you guys doing who have the 5? You holding out another year or jumping on the 6 right away?

2. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

No

Yes

No

Maybe

I'm holding onto my 5s as long as I can until it no longer works, hopefully 4-5 years. By the time I upgrade it will be a huge jump!

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

No maybe about it , you are way too early. The iPhone 6/6+ was only released 2 weeks ago.:rolleyes:

4. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

The 6S will probably have a spec bump (graphics, speed), sapphire screen (the "S" will be for Sapphire), 4K video camera (catch up feature), and maybe some additional fitness or other type of sensor

Like all S models it will look the same on the outside as the current ones but all new guts.

Those are my predictions.

5. rui no onna macrumors 603

rui no onna

I'm pretty sure I saw a 6s thread back in August or something. :rolleyes:

6. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

Better battery would be a plus, or optimization in OS. I wonder what Androids super battery saving Project Volta research will end up being like

7. BvizioN macrumors 601

BvizioN

Is it really? How many people do you think are using these 4K tv's or can afford buying them? TV channels (at least where I am) are on HD 1080p. 4K on YouTube is for most people hard to watch due to the internet speed limitation. And who is it catching up with? I have Galaxy S5 and I can't play 1080p I record on it without constantly stopping, never mind 4K videos.

One of the things I like about Apple is that they don't add a feature for the sake of it if they think the time is not right for it. And no, I don't think you will get 4K on iPhone 6S. Perhaps 1080 at 120fps.

8. MarcoCapa macrumors regular

14 nm a9 processor more space for battery ( I think at around 3200 like the note).... Shrinking from a7 to a8 is very substantial and from 20 nm to 14 is around the same I think.... So we would we a much smaller logic board....
    Reinforcement on the volum rocker zone..
    Sapphire crystal reinforced with ion ( like said in a patent from some time ago)
    OIS for the two models and a larger pixel in the camera... Maybe the protruding lens would became magnetic to attach camera lenses.... Apple could have made flush with the case, but decided to not ( some time ago if I remember correctly they patented some magnetic binding system for camera lenses... I think that they will have a great market for this....)
    Wireless charging: they have found a way to make this thing work with the Apple watch.... In the iphone we will have something similar....
    New colours like red and other
    Reversible usb cable.... Maybe usb type c....
    Honestly I think this will be all the things we can expect no more.... If we are lucky a little price drop for the two models like what happened for the retina pro....
    Finally I think that we will se something like a flip cover but with some smart features for the plus model... In leather of course at a premium price :D 99 or 79 $:D

9. saab9573 macrumors 6502

saab9573

WTF?

Apple is not coping with iPhone 6 and 6 Plus orders and people are already talking about next iPhone?

10. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

I'd call any feature that competitors have had for years a catch up feature.

With 4K video it's all about future proofing memories. Not many people have 4K TV sets now but when they do they'll be glad their child's first birthday party or grandmas last Christmas was shot in the best quality possible when they look back on it 5 or 10 years from today.

11. lemoncola macrumors newbie

Well of course. If you going to wait till dec or jan when the 6 Plus have stock, there will only be like around 9months left for the new release 6 Plus S. Of course you will weigh up if it is worth waiting for it.

12. Daniel3102 macrumors 6502

Dude I bet Apple already has a working 6S prototype! Lol

13. mtneer macrumors 68030

mtneer

Anything could happen. But given Apple's history, they will probably not grade any of the external details: case design, screen, dimensions etc. Most likely upgrades will be internal - the A9 processing unit, maybe more RAM and an unlikely maybe for higher storage options.

I am underwhelmed by the iPhone 6, given that my iPhone 5 still works in perfectly for all my needs - I don't see a reason to spend hundreds of dollars for a new phone now. I'll hold on to my current phone for a year and see what the 6S keynote has to offer. If that jump isn't wide enough, I may even hang on until the iPhone 7. Ofcourse, I will stop upgrading beyond iOS 7.1.2 to preserve performance.

14. tonyy macrumors 6502a

tonyy

You might as well wait until 2016 for the iPhone 7. The 6S will be a minor improvement if Apple's cycle continues.

15. lemoncola macrumors newbie

Btw, how often does Apple release iOS.

So iOS 8 will release with iphone 7?

16. rui no onna macrumors 603

rui no onna

iOS 8 is already out. iPhone 7 will most likely be released with iOS 10 (iOS X?).

17. lemoncola macrumors newbie

18. GeniusJon, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2014

GeniusJon macrumors regular

The only physical change will be incredibly small.

3G to 3GS: shiny Apple logo and regulatory text instead of matte on the 3G
    4 to 4S: relocated antenna breaks
    5 to 5s: thinner 'iPhone' and regulatory text, pill shaped flash, gold, touch ID
    6 to 6s: ?? :rolleyes:

19. rambo47 macrumors 6502a

rambo47

and Siri.

20. GeniusJon macrumors regular

read: physical

21. rambo47 macrumors 6502a

rambo47

and touch id.

22. GeniusJon macrumors regular

Good catch, post fixed. :)

23. rambo47 macrumors 6502a

rambo47

:)

Touch ID is the only significant physical change I can recall. I just found my wife's original iPhone at the bottom of a drawer. Subtle changes from model to model, but the similarity between my new 6 and the old 2007 original model are striking.

24. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I'm sure the form factor will remain the same but Apple might add some internal fortifications to make bendgate a thing of the past.

:apple:

25. bigjim83 macrumors 6502