Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mefisto

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2015
Finland
Call me stupid, blind or what ever, but what exactly is this dude talking about (at roughly 9:20 ->) in regards to "blur" on the fringes / edges of pictures taken on the iPhone 7/7+ when compared to those shot on iPhone 6S?

Does anyone have any pictures or other visual aids illustrating the issue? For the life of me I can't see what he's apparently seeing in my own photos, but again, it may be that I'm (going) blind.

Sorry if this has been discussed somewhere else, just stumbled on this thread today.

simonmet

Cancelled
Sep 9, 2012
Sydney
My guess is it's hard to stay relevant or popular in the extremely congested Apple/tech vlogging YouTube space so some of them resort to increasingly inane and ridiculous rants to attract views. Click-bait essentially.

The standard 7 is near perfect for me, which is just as well because I intend it to last me at least four years.

Improvements I'd like to see are:

1. More use of Taptic feedback throughout the OS, such as keyboard entry, but there are many other places and ways it could be used to make the phone feel more alive.

2. Make notification centre easier to access. Reachability helps but it's still slightly annoying. Other places or methods it can be called are to the left of the widgets page or by swiping up or down on the widgets page.

3. Silent switch can be difficult to operate in certain cases and should be removed in favour of software controls. A button on the control centre could control this functionality.

4. Faster lightning port/SSD. Filling 256 GB still takes a long time, though this is rarely done.

5. 1080p resolution in the 4.7" form factor, not that you'd notice it that much and this could reduce battery life a little but it could look a little sharper.

6. 3 GB RAM in the 4.7" to match the Plus.

That's about all I can think of so not bad and it's serving me well.

Last edited:

Mefisto

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2015
Finland
My guess is it's hard to stay relevant or popular in the extremely congested Apple/tech vlogging YouTube space so some of them resort to increasingly inane and ridiculous rants to attract views. Click-bait essentially.

No doubt. And it's not that I have an issue with the guy being passionate / (perhaps at times overly?) enthusiastic about his views and expressing them in that fashion, not at all, I like reading / hearing opinions that are substantiated by clearly explaining them, however subjective (or in some cases objective) they may be.

The segment about issues with photos just puzzles me, since he references others, seemingly people "in the know" as having substantiated them. But who knows, I guess I will just continue using and enjoying my 7 like I have.

And I have, it's a great phone overall.

Reactions: nkawal

oneshotpro

Suspended
Aug 13, 2014
I upgraded from the 5s, it's a huge improvement. The stereo speakers alone are worth the upgrade, then I also love the 3D touch, bigger screen, camera, matte black looks great as well. Haven't missed the headphone jack either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.