iPhone 7 Ala Moana Center, Honolulu, HI

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Slevin, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Slevin macrumors regular

Arrived 2115 last customers in the store slowly filing out.

2150 - guy walked up asked what time the store closed and then as he walked away took a random coffee cup and drank the remainder of its contents as he walked away

2200 - I am alone in line but a girl shows up and plops down in her folding chair across from me. She acknowledges my claim to the first in line.

2210 - two more guys show up and take up spots next to the girl from earlier

2305 - Still just the 4 of us. Someone came by earlier and asked if we were all in line and the. Left. Bar upstairs is playing music for their patrons but I wish they would stop so I could read my book in peace. Also wish I had some caffeine been up since 0400 on the 15th

2335 - Started to rain, took cover under overhead walkway. While sitting here remembered why I wasn't in line last year for the iPhone release...

2350 - Security tells us we must move to the sidewalk around the corner and cannot be on the property. There is a total of 6 of us so far

2. jsugai macrumors newbie

jsugai

--- Post Merged, Nov 2, 2017 ---
    Where did security allow you to line up last year? Sidewalk on the beach side / Ala moana blvd? Or on the parking Kapiolani blvd side? Please advise. Thanks.

3. Slevin thread starter macrumors regular

Last year we hung out in front of the store until security moved us to the parking lot on ocean side. Your best bet from my experience is to get there early and wait in line by the store and then when they move you form a line on that side. This way everyone knows where the line is

4. jsugai macrumors newbie

jsugai

Thank you!