iPhone 7 Chicago Stores

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by omgitsemilyward, Sep 14, 2016.

1. omgitsemilyward macrumors member

omgitsemilyward

I'm planning on waiting at the Lincoln Park store after getting an Oct. 4-10 delivery date on my pre-order. Just gonna check it out and see what happens with the store stock, but I'm not super optimistic. I'm just a little desperate to get the 7 ASAP because my current 6 has Touch Disease....

2. Fall3n13 macrumors newbie

I'm out in Oswego. Sadly I don't have a pre-order since I just returned my Note 7 a couple days ago. I'm going hunt out here to see if I can get a 128 plus for Sprint.

3. wnxgenral macrumors 6502

4. randalblanken macrumors regular

I'm in the southwest suburbs between the Naperville and Orland Park stores. I'm trying to decide if I want to try my luck tomorrow morning or just wait until reservations go live again on Saturday. I'm hoping to get a 32 silver 7+.

5. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

WAIT till the reservations are live. It's going to rain here in Naperville tomorrow. A day or two later isn't going to make or break anything. Wait till saturday when the reservations are live, reserve the one you want and pick it up the next day.

6. randalblanken macrumors regular

I think this is what I'm going to do. I also have a preorder at Target in case they magically get a shipment with the 7+ that I want.
    I'm also going to the cubs game Saturday afternoon so I think I'll just reserve first thing Saturday and then pick it up as soon as it becomes available. Something tells me it'll be available at the Apple Store before Target... haha

7. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

AT 12am when the reservations open, reserve one if it's available. Do that everyday and one day you will get it. Keep two tabs open, one incognito and one regular and check both the stores. There is another apple store in oakbrook and you can try your luck there too.

My matte black 7 is coming tomorrow via UPS but it's t-mo unlocked and I want a verizon for a true world phone. I couldn't order it online because I don't have verizon but I also have a couple of verizon 7 black preordered at target, hopefully they sell me a full price version tomorrow at target if i get a ready for pickup email.

8. randalblanken macrumors regular

This is exactly my situation. I want a Verizon model, but don't have a Verizon account.
    You said when reservations go online at 12? I didn't think they went online until 8?

9. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

10. randalblanken macrumors regular

Well I'll definitely be checking that link tonight. I was just at the Naperville store about an hour ago, and there was still a short line for reservation pickups. I thought that late in the day the lines would be gone but apparently not...