Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you have this?

• Total voters

reyalP

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2012
I checked my 7 plus and I don't see it. I know this is a stupid question but, are you sure this is not some oil from your fingers that was left on the screen?

Annonymoose

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2017
I have it on my iPhone SE, which I bought about six months ago. The line is about 1/16" inch thick and looks a bit like something behind the screen. It goes exactly from the lower left corner to the upper right. It may have been there all along, as it's only visible on a bright white screen. I noticed it today when upgrading my OS. The phone was sitting next to my computer with a bright white screen after it restarted.

After seeing photos of other peoples' phones, I'm concerned it may get worse with age. Luckily I have AppleCare+, so a replacement will be free.

I must say I've gotten my money's worth with AppleCare+. First my 4s went into the wash the same week I bought it. Then my 5s screen went crazy just before the extended warranty expired. The power in my Apple Watch went squirrelly a mere two months before the extended warranty expired. Mind you my stuff gets the best care possible. Always a case on it and also a screen protector on the iPhones and iPads. They're never where they can get wet, not even into a steamy bathroom. You'd be hard pressed to tell all my iStuff isn't brand new.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.