iPhone 7 Launch Atlanta

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by stiltwalker, Sep 11, 2016.

1. stiltwalker macrumors newbie

This will be my first time camping in Atlanta. Anyone have insight on which is the best store? I already feel like Lenox will be the worst choice because of location/popularity.

I called Perimeter and security said before 5 am you couldn't actually line up but they won't allow any camping especially before 12 or 1 am. But he didn't seem like they had a clear plan set up.

2. acctman macrumors 65816

acctman

I order from Apple.com this year but the past two years I camp my local Verizon store in Gwinnett. Each year I was first in line...you'll have a better chance going to a carrier store in a suburban or non-congestive area. You will encounter small lines, although the stock might be smaller you will get the phone you want if you are at least the first 5-10 person.

3. stiltwalker thread starter macrumors newbie

The only thing with going to a carrier store I'd like an unlocked phone. Do they offer these?

4. acctman macrumors 65816

acctman

no, have to go to Apple for that.

5. Elastic Love macrumors regular

I'm across the street from Perimeter Mall. I might camp inside my car there...maybe. I haven't decided if I'm going to order at Verizon.

6. TechnicallyTee macrumors 65816

TechnicallyTee

I did Lenox mall for the 6 when it dropped since I stay up the street but I got in there around 5pm on release day and the way the process worked on that day was you will be greeted by an Apple rep at the back of the line, they will ask you what configuration you are looking for and they will check to see if they have it in stock. If so, they will give you a card with the model you want and that guaranteed you the device. I even though the device was guaranteed I waited all the way till the mall was closed and didn't get out of there will around 10:30.

7. stiltwalker thread starter macrumors newbie

None of the malls have posted information yet on their sites. Think I will head to the mall of georgia around 5 and just camp out. Im guessing the alternative options would be the att's and tmobile's in the area.

8. Reno Raines macrumors 6502a

Don't forget the Best Buy mobile stores in the Cumberland mall and town center mall. They always seem to be overlooked.

9. joeystetsons macrumors newbie

joeystetsons

Speaking of Cumberland... anyone have any info from the apple store hear about lining up or anything?

10. Jumpie macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

All Verizon iPhones are unlocked and work on all carriers

11. recurrence macrumors member

Did anyone go to Lenox this morning? Curious about what the status on that store is.

12. Jumpie macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

I'm kinda interested, too. Well, more so about Perimeter and Cumberland. I'm sure the same jerk wads were at Perimeter. I've seen them there every year but this one (I did a UPS pick up).

13. stiltwalker thread starter macrumors newbie

For the record I ended up getting a matte black 7 at the ATT store. Was #5 in line at Apple Mall of GA and they announced beforehand no 7 pluses in stock, many people got out of the line. They had zero jet black and very limited black and sold out the first half of the line of about 60 people. I bought a gold and silver 7 for others.

Out of curiosity I checked Best Buy mobile who had 2 7plus in jet black in stock. Tmobile had 3 black 7 in stock. There were zero lines at any of these carrier stores. I feel they are a better option overall.

14. Elastic Love macrumors regular

Yeah I ended up ordering through VZ with a ship next at the end of next month. Not a big deal.